Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Any one of you amazing Pro can help out here. Thank You in Advance.

I have 2006 CLK500 W209 with bad Airbag Module which is not allowing any reset code by any programmers. I have friend who has Star unit and he is able to identify the unit but not able to reset or reprogram the unit.

I have obtain another unit from same year and model car with the same part number, but the unit has another car data and it is married to that car. Is it possible to erase the data and reprogram it my car ? Someone advise me it is not possible even from dealers, and only way to do it is to buy a brand new virgin unit and then program it for my car. If it is not true guide me in right direction. I am in Northern NJ area and willing to meet anyone who is able to provide the services.

Here are the images of both of my units.

New Unit has last 4 Digit # 5845

Old Unit has last 4 Digit # 5021

Thanks

Dax

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wanted to Post an update to the issue. One of the local Indy place specialized in Benz was able to help out and he was able to program the new unit to car. All good and working perfectly. No SRS light anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
daxpatel
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing