Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2006 C280 4Matic STRANGE AC Issue.

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  rudeney 
#1 ·
When I turn the AC on and place it on HIGH (fan speed) it will run at high for about an hour or so (Daytona beach to South Orlando) Then the more its runs the less air blows through the vents although the AC FAN or BLOWER is still operating on high. Now when I stop to get gas and the car is off for a min. or 5 minutes. the AC blows fine again but it starts the decline in Air being blown through the vents again. Ive tried this on manual as well as climate control. On manual the fan will not engage after this point when the climate control blows the same speed (high) but no air coming through the vents. I know this sounds confusing but I think I have described it the best I can. Any help is welcome. No check engine lights.

#4 ·
If the pressure is too low, the cut-off will kick in. When the pressure is enough to not trigger the cut-off, but not high enough to create the proper balance in the system, it can cause the evaporator temperature to drop below 32F. When that happens, the condensation on it will freeze and block airflow through it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.