Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been here before but still a newbee! I have this 2005 Sprinter 2500 with 180k miles on it that keeps blowing/cracking the recovery tank. Another shop had replaced the water pump, radiator and thermostat and it ran for about 6 months then blew the tank again. At this point it was brought to me for a head gasket replacement. I had the head pressure tested and was found to be free from defects and was flat as well. I did not find any obvious problems with the gasket itself. I replaced the gasket with a dealer part and installed new head bolts and again a new radiator. Oh it uses an 18 lb cap ( I think it's too much ). Well here it is 6 months later and the tank is blown again, now before it was over heating but not this time just a crack on the tank. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Paul :confused:

P.S. I think that the quality of the radiator is in question, they said they tested the radiator and found that it had too much pressure applied to it and will not honor another warranty. We will use a different brand and a lessor pressure cap.

Also please, If I put this in the wrong area my deepest apologies, it never fails I always do. Sorry! Paul

1 - 1 of 1 Posts