Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

I just bought a 2005 sl500 and and wondering if there are any kits that can integrate a simple 3.5mm aux input to the comand system. I really need my tunes!!:laugh Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

·
Registered
199 Posts
my 2003 SL500 has a 3.5mm jack for aux input in the glove compartment on the left side. I've used it so I know it works. I believe it is under the settings menu that you can switch to the aux input.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Same as my 2004. I use it to plug my iPod into. Bought a male to male cord about 3 ft long so I can hang it down and out of the left side of the glovebox, close the glovebox door, and can have the iPod on the console (with excess cord tucked into the mesh pouch on the right side of the console)

-Stephen

my 2003 SL500 has a 3.5mm jack for aux input in the glove compartment on the left side. I've used it so I know it works. I believe it is under the settings menu that you can switch to the aux input.

·
Registered
64 Posts
While we are on this subject, I have an '04 SL55. If I plug a Bluetooth receiver into the 3.5mm input in the glove box will my iPod or Smartphone be able to come through the Command system?

Dano

·
Registered
199 Posts
While we are on this subject, I have an '04 SL55. If I plug a Bluetooth receiver into the 3.5mm input in the glove box will my iPod or Smartphone be able to come through the Command system?
Dano
I've done that as well. Works good. But sometimes I find using a cord less hassle.

To make it perfect I need to find a 12v switched (ignition key on only) power source for the bluetooth receiver to make it perfect. Ideally the BT receiver should reach out and connect to your bluetooth phone when the ignition is turned on so don't have to manually connect every time before driving off.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've searched, but cannot find an auxiliary input for my 2008. Can one be added on?
he 2003-04 year models do have the 3.5mm aux imput. The 05+ DO NOT have it, because they thought US customers will like satellite radio more. That's why in the 03-04 models the imput is in the glove box, when the 05+ do not have it at all. And there is no simple plug and play thing we can do to make it happen. The audio system uses fiber optic cables, and it's pretty complicated to work with. When i was thinking about that i researched and found out that the cheapest thing would be about $600 to add the aux, bluetooth and some other features. That's why i bought a simple FM radio transmitter that you stick a flash drive to, and works perfectly for me.

Regards

P.S.
Not sure about the 11+ models, they might have added the aux back.

·
10,293 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,634 Posts
he 2003-04 year models do have the 3.5mm aux imput. The 05+ DO NOT have it, because they thought US customers will like satellite radio more. That's why in the 03-04 models the imput is in the glove box, when the 05+ do not have it at all. And there is no simple plug and play thing we can do to make it happen. The audio system uses fiber optic cables, and it's pretty complicated to work with. When i was thinking about that i researched and found out that the cheapest thing would be about $600 to add the aux, bluetooth and some other features. That's why i bought a simple FM radio transmitter that you stick a flash drive to, and works perfectly for me.

Regards

P.S.
Not sure about the 11+ models, they might have added the aux back.
Could you elaborate or point the way to a compatible fm transmitter? I have an 06 SL. Thanks!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have a bluetooth receiver plugged into my aux port. you don't get control like an integrated system but the sound works fine and with the right microphone placement you can make and receive calls.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Could you elaborate or point the way to a compatible fm transmitter? I have an 06 SL. Thanks!
This is the one i have for music only. Haven't decide to upgrade to bluetooth for calls as i don't use the phone when driving that much.

Soundfly SD WMA MP3 Player Car FM Transmitter for SD Card USB Stick MP3 New | eBay

I'm very satisfied with the sound quality, and the controls are simple enough to work with.

The one Bayhas linked is the best way to go if you want to have it all. As for me, not a daily driver, i'll go with the $40 over the $600 :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
Ghostty
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing