Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, finally made the decision to pick this over the Acura TL. It does not have as many features or the engine of the Acura, but it handles well and feels good to be in my first Merc. The picture(s) are nothing new to this forum, but I thought I would post it anyway. I honestly think 2005 C230k as shown looks better than the 2008 C-class spy pics that have been posted. Anyway, let me know what people think.

Thanks everyone for an informative forum!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. We're in the same situation as you. We keep going back and forth between the TL and the 230. We looked at both again today and I think we're going to go with the Silver 230 with the Ash interior. We'll probably have to order it since we want to load it up the same way as the TL.

What options did you get?

We recently rented a '05 silver C230 sport sedan down in Florida for the week and loved it. Yes, it's not as quick as the TL, but the handling is way better and the paint quality is so much better too.

Good luck with it. Let us know how you like it. Hope to own one soon.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice choice. I love the silver in the sedan as well. I see you already installed the new grille and flat emblem, looks great that way.

Also I love that brick house, very nice.[:D]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

The car came with the normal extra options:
-heated seats
-sunroof package
-6-cd change
-Auto

The only thing I would have really liked to have, was the NAV. Unfortunately, it is a rare option, and more than likely wouldve required me to order the car (60 day wait). Plus the dealer was willing to sell below invoice on models in stock.

I really think the CL grille on the front adds a touch of class. I'm sure I'll be a happy Benz owner, at least for the next 4 years (being under warranty). I am crossing my fingers that I don't have any realiability issues.

Speaking of that, what has been the typical A-service and B-service maintainence charges?

·
Registered
31 Posts
funny, it came down to 230 v. the TL for me too. and i gotta say, a big part of me wishes i bought the TL. i mean, the c230 looks beautiful and does handle well, but for nearly the same price you could get the NAV and an extra 90 ponies under the hood! i swear if honda/acura ever figures out that americans care about how their cars look, it'll be all over for any other manufacturer ;)

nice ride though. did it come with that grill, or did you put it in? if so, where'd u get it? i'd like to hook mine up with one of those too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, cost of ownership on a Mercedes C-class is much higher than on the Acura TL. However, I simply love the styling of the C230k Sports Sedan. The grille was from ".com", which I put on the day after I got the car. It definitely adds class to the car.

Hopefully, in 4 years, the cost difference will not matter, as I hope to be in a different tax bracket. :)

·
Registered
2005 C230WZ
270 Posts
Hey does anyone know where i can get the grille thats pictured on my car?? I cant remember what website its available on. Thanks my friend would really appreciate it since he just got a Cclas also. PM me for any of you who knows where i can get this grille. Thanks again!

·
Registered
74 Posts
We bought a 03 TL new for my wife that was loaded with NAV. When we bought an 04 Pilot for her (twins), she wanted me to sell my 1992 190E 2.6 and drive the TL. I drove it for a month and decided that all the features were just that features. They were not making the car drive or handle any better. I found myself never using the NAV, heated mirrors, seats and all the other stuff. Sold both the 190E and the TL and bought the 05 C230, some 18" Brabus wheels and a 100K warranty and have not looked back.

Bottom line: with you all the way.

·
Registered
2001 C320
247 Posts
DiceCedes - 12/5/2005 6:52 PM

We bought a 03 TL new for my wife that was loaded with NAV. When we bought an 04 Pilot for her (twins), she wanted me to sell my 1992 190E 2.6 and drive the TL. I drove it for a month and decided that all the features were just that features. They were not making the car drive or handle any better. I found myself never using the NAV, heated mirrors, seats and all the other stuff. Sold both the 190E and the TL and bought the 05 C230, some 18" Brabus wheels and a 100K warranty and have not looked back.

Bottom line: with you all the way.
A wise decision.

·
Registered
00 W202, 04 955 S, 08 e90
1,704 Posts
Wise decision... nice grill and flat badge as well!

·
Registered
2005 w203, 2013 Town & Country
2,180 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Forum....

May I suggest clear bumper lights (Or the best option European impact strips) and updated laurel and wreath hub caps...now available in black and original blue...

Great looking car!
Jake

edit - I did a pre service "A" at 8500 miles - for about $60...I also changed the airfilter - another ~$40....so ~$100 in total, plus some washer fluid and lubricant, etc...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts