Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to save a few bucks by removing all the trim to have the c-pillar and rear door repainted, and I cant quite figure out how to get the roof to side trim piece out. Perhaps I just need to pull harder, but wanted to see if anyone had a better suggestion. I also need to remove the rear passenger door window trim as well. the side trim was a piece of cake.

·
Registered
2005 E320
11 Posts
Bumping an ancient thread here, I am trying to learn how to remove mine as well. I have the pano roof on my 2005 sedan, and the aluminium roof gutter / windshield trim has peeled in several spots. I would like to remove it to either repaint it black or perhaps jusst polish out the aluminium. I believe it just prys off but I really don't want to damage anything. Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it just pulled off. Be carful around the roof rack points. It's actually pretty cheap to get a prepainted replacement piece. Also using nylon pry tools works well

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1999 E320, 2000 E320, 2003 E320 Wagon, 2005 C230K SS, 2010 Accord LX w Eibach & Koni FSD's
2,879 Posts
Yes it just pulled off. Be carful around the roof rack points. It's actually pretty cheap to get a prepainted replacement piece. Also using nylon pry tools works well

Wow! Your second post and you answered/updated your own (1st) post from 6 years ago :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 E320
11 Posts

Thanks! Glad to know they're cheap to replace. I'll probably give it a shot refinishing mine, but if I break any clips or anything taking it apart or if it doesn't turn out well I'll just go pick up a set of new ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts