Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 3rd row seats kit can be installed in the 2005 ML500.
People keep talking about the 2002 to 2004 having the brackets already installed. Noone talks about the 2005 model.
When talking to the dealer, they would sell me the kit but they insist that it will not work for the 2005 ML500 model.

I am really interested in putting the third row seats in even if I pay the dealer for the kit. Just want to make sure it would work for the 2005 ML500.

P.S. I read the threads that other people started on this subject with nice pictures, just no mention of the 2005.

Thanks for everyone's help in advance,
Mojo

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,255 Posts
Since the 2005 ML500 was sold with a 3rd row seat option, I would guess that it would be the same as any other prior year model. I do know that most dealers quit selling the 3rd row option except as a factory installation because some customers were disappointed in the seat belt cutouts and the lack of the 2nd row seat being able to fold forward for access. Other than the seat belts anchors, the only brackets you need are the ones on the center of the cargo floor and the ones on the wheel wells. It should be easy enough for you to determine if your truck has these installed.

- RODNEY

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The brackets on the cargo floors are there, but the one on the wheel wells are not.
I read that those comes with the kit, do you have any info on that? Or does anyone knows the kit part number?

Thanks,
Mojo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts