Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 ML350 SE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, how often should i go for oil change (i don't believe that i should wait for the 13000 miles, right?)

And also is oil change free at the dealership? My car is brand new 2005 ML350 SE.

Thanks.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,156 Posts
Free scheduled maintenance on all Mercedes-Benz vehicles was discontinued beginning with the 2005 model year, so you will have to pay for the service. You can pay your dealer for the indicated “A� or “B� services, or you can pay them fir only an oil change. You could also DIY or use another garage. I would avoid the quick-lube chains as they may not have the OEM filters and may not fill with the correct Mobil 1 oil, and if they do, they will likely be nearly as expensive as the dealer.

There are many opinions on oil changes intervals. Most domestic and Asian imports on the road use 4 to 5 quarts of petroleum-based oil and a filter that’s about the size of half a soda can. Your ML uses 9 quarts (approx 8.5 to refill) of full-synthetic oil engineered to high standards, and a fleece filter that has about four times the surface area of a typical Fram or Delco. I would not waste my money on anything less than the prescribed interval of 12-13K.

- RODNEY

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
I agree, I would only bring it back to the dealership for warantee issues. I would find the best independent dealership and just take it to them for the oil changes. This is pretty much what I did from day one. Congrats on the new ride !!

·
Registered
98 ML320& 05 ML350SE
147 Posts
Yep - just stick to the FSS indicator. My SA told me this years ago. My 98ML has been trouble free and with 150,000 klms on it, I have always stuck to the FSS and even if I go to a quick lube outfit, I bring my own Mobil 1 and OEM filter.

I will take the 2005ML350E we just got a few months back to the dealer for oil change per FSS to ensure there are no issues with voiding warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts