Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A COMPANY THAT CAN MANUFACTURE A HIGH QUALITY THIRD ROW SEAT THAT CAN SEAT TWO KIDS THAT IS SAFE AND HAS SEAT BELTS. NEED IT TO MATCH IN BLACK LEATHER AND CAN BE REMOVED EASILY. AM I BEING TO PICKY:)

·
Registered
G320,G-Cabrio,Brabus G300GE
781 Posts
Florida G,

I also address this same question too,

I have a photo of a third row seat that is parallel to another one on the opposite side which would bring a total of 4 children that can seat in the rear.

I myself have 5 children and need the third row seating as my wife is very upset, becuase I bought this G-wagen rather than the Acura MDX that already has the 3rd row seating that comes standard with the vehicle.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

I know the M-class has a aftermarket third row seats, is it possible the same company ? or campanies produce G-class third row seats ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
Saigon76nyc - 5/3/2005 1:12 AM

Florida G,

I also address this same question too,

I have a photo of a third row seat that is parallel to another one on the opposite side which would bring a total of 4 children that can seat in the rear.
Those side facing bench seats can be purchased in Europe. They are not USDOT approved.

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
Try a search too

There's been a lot of past discussion on various kinds of 3rd row seats for Gs. Not to say everything's been said. Definitely feel free to ask more questions here so we can all increase our knowledge. But if you go to the "search" function and do a search for "jump seats" you'll find a lot of information. Here are a couple of threads, but there are more:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1203082&posts=11&hl=jump+seats

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=183441&posts=11&hl=jump+seats

Good luck! and let us know what you're thinking after your search.

-Dave G.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HEY DUTCH... IF YOU HAVE ANY SHOPS IN THE UK YOU HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH, PLEASE PASS IT ON. IT WOULD MAKE THE MRS. O-SO-HAPPY. SHE DOES NOT LIKE LOADING ALL OUR HERD OF 4 KIDS INTO MY RAM TRUCK FOR A TRIP TO DINNER. BUT, SHE LOVES THAT WAGEN!!!

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
i have no imput on this but about a year ago i went throught the D90 stage again. I have always wanted one and never pulled the trigger. After talking to a lot of the owners about the rear seats they all said that even thought the D90,D110 and some of the G models came with them that they would not feel safe with there kids back there. I think its more for a quick trip, emergance, or something like that.

If you must have something with that much room i would look for a suburban or excursion diesel.

I just dont know what i would do if i has to hurt one of my kids in a accident because of seats that are not safe.

Also im not saying you need to sale your G, just saying you might look at maybe getting her another car. Used Burbans in the current body style can be bought in low teens.

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
Here's the way I'd go

I might be looking at 3rd row seating in the 280GE before too long. It's a drag to have to take the Astro anywhere we want to bring the kids along. If/when I do it, I'll probably call the guys that helped with this truck:

http://www.off-road.com/isuzu/womb_seat.html

They seem to have the safety issues down and those are first, foremost, and the the exclusion of all else in my mind.

-Dave G.

·
Registered
96 G300DT
1,986 Posts
I had one of these in my Montero

The add-on rear facing seat worked pretty well. The down side was the mounting frame that was permanently attached to the floor of the truck. It got in the way quite a bit.

The side facing seats are out of the way and if you replace the hinge bolts with spring loaded pins you can get the seat bottom out in 10 seconds.

In all, if someone would sell a rear facing seat that had some weld-in recessed mounts, I'd buy it. Barring that the side facing seats work well.

Erik refuses to sell me his left side seat (how inconsiderate). Otherwise I'd have two of them.

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
The factory seats should bolt into any truck. There's a grey leather one for sale in clubgwagen. No Alan you still can't have my seat. They aren't crash tested as safe, but you can get seatbelts for them. Mine came with belts for one passenger per side... don't know how you'd do two per side. They're basically the same thing as used for the military G-wagen versions?... certainly the same shape and seated position and mounting on the G so i'd hesitate to say think they're outright dangerous... although it's not as if powers that want the oil and command the troups necessarily think that much for the safety of those on the ground. A headrest would be better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RE: Try a search too

HEY HIPINE. THANX FOR THE LINK TO LITTLESEATS. RUSS SAYS HE HAS RECEIVED SEVERAL PHONE CALLS, AND THEY ARE CURRENTLY WORKING ON ONE. I AM WAITING FOR A RETURN CALL FROM HIM WITHIN A WEEK OR TWO.

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
That's great!

If you decide to get one, please definitely post some pictures here. I'd sure like to see one in a G!

-Dave G.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts