Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have already removed my resonator. I am looking for an even more "throatier" sound than I now have. I'm just nervous that it may be too loud. I hear some people say you gain HP & some say that you don't. I also don't want to throw any lights or codes. Any suggestions?

After really looking at this question, it does seem kind of backwards, there are a few post already about secondary cat delete. I just wanted to get around changing the stock exhaust. Is that why I have NO answers???? LOL!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I, too, have deleted my resonator without much increase in volume or resonance.

I would not suggest or recommend deleting the secondary CATs or H-pipe, as Benz/AMG put some thought (not sure how much!) into the design of that exhaust area....and you have smog concerns (even here in Texas).

That said, if you are going the X-pipe route, contact 928sRus.com for an X-pipe. Best HP dyno numbers I've seen of late, although it was designed for a Porsche 928......

I have considered removing the rear muffs (yeah, I fired up the car with the resonator removed and nothing put in its place, and LOVED the sound), but to duplicate a single pipe into the AMG dual tips is very time consuming and expensive (due to the OEM muff design and location).

I'm headed toward removing the muffs, and replacing with a 3 inch pipe into an oval stainless tip (each side).....

so much for being stealthy---

1 - 2 of 2 Posts