Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
2005 E500 4matic estate wagon. $15,900
60,000 miles. 2 owners. Brilliant silver exterior with ash leather interior. I purchased it in June 2020 from the original owner. All scheduled maintenance was performed by the local Mercedes Benz dealership. A spreadsheet is available documenting all maintenance performed since purchased in 2005. Clean Carfax. No accidents. Always garaged.

After purchasing it in June, 2020, I had it thoroughly inspected by a reputable import repair shop. Michelin tires and brakes were good. All accessories work. All mechanical issues identified in that inspection have been repaired. Additionally, when the gas tank was replaced under warranty at Mercedes of Indianapolis, on October 6th, 2020, it was again inspected with no mechanical issues found.

It’s now ready for the next 10 years or more. Exterior has a few very minor scratches and one small 4”x2” scuff on the right rear bumper. Wheels had rash due to unplanned visits with Indianapolis potholes but all were totally restored on October 6th, 2020. The interior leather is like new. Very little wear showing on the front seats/bolsters. Rear seats rarely used. Carpet has minimal wear.
Packages - entertainment (Harman Kardon, CD and Sirrus), heated front seats, sunroof, power tailgate, third row seat. The original MSRP was $67,000.

Post purchase inspection recommendations completed (including recommendations from Mercedes forums) include:
  • Service D performed
  • Flushed and replaced brake fluid
  • Flushed and replaced transmission fluid
  • Replaced tensioner belt
  • Replaced idler pulley
  • Replaced rear air springs with Arnotts.
  • Replaced rear shocks with Bilsteins
  • Replace front lower control arms left and right. Front axle was also replaced at that time
  • Replaced power tailgate actuator.
  • Installed new transmission motor mount
  • Installed new gas tank
All warranty issues have been addressed through the years including a new gas tank replacement in October of this year.

You won’t find many MB E500 wagons available in the US, and very few with only 60,000 miles. Even fewer with interior and exterior in great shape and mechanically sound. The V8 is very powerful and the wagon gives a very comfortable ride. Essentially, you have a like new $67,000 E500 Estate Wagon for a great price:

$15,900

View attachment 2655735

View attachment 2655735

·
Registered
97 SL500, 98 E320 Wagon - former W108/W111/W112/W114/W123/W124/W126/W140/W220
6,311 Posts
Why are you selling it after only owning it for a few months? Got more pictures besides the 3-4 you've posted multiple times? Engine compartment, interior, etc?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Why are you selling it after only owning it for a few months? Got more pictures besides the 3-4 you've posted multiple times? Engine compartment, interior, etc?
I love the car but my wife didn’t want me to buy it in the first place. We already have 3 vehicles so to keep peace in the family, I decided to sell the Wagon. I was hoping she would come around but didn’t happen. Sorry about the repeat pics. Not sure what happened. I have many more. I’ll try to add some.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the car but my wife didn’t want me to buy it in the first place. We already have 3 vehicles so to keep peace in the family, I decided to sell the Wagon. I was hoping she would come around but didn’t happen. Sorry about the repeat pics. Not sure what happened. I have many more. I’ll try to add some. View attachment 2656353
I don’t know what I’m doing wrong but I keep having multiple copies of the same pic. Do the new ones cover what you wanted to see? I can email you if that helps. The price includes the purchase price of $6k plus the costs of the repairs and maintenance listed since I bought it in June 2020. So I have about $15k invested and would sell for around that number.

·
Premium Member
SL's & 500E's
2,022 Posts
nice looking estate, why not simply go to edit (3 dots upper right corner of a post) and delete the dup's manually

1 - 8 of 8 Posts