Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI *black on black with nearly every option*
991 Posts
The dealership quoted me $18,000!
18k?! What the actual Fuk?! The single most expensive om648 injector price I've ever seen at a Mercedes dealer was $1,200 a piece. Even at that rate, they want to charge you $10,800 labor to clean up some black death and change injectors?

Or are they quoting you for a new engine?!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
A whole engine is like $13k. I be that's a new engine plus the 20hr labor cost. Crazy. I wish I could come get it or work on it for you for a weekend. I hate to see these cars messed up because dealers don't pay attention during routing maintenance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Oh man. Is there a local mercedes owner's group or anything like that? I bet somebody would be willing to help work on it if there is. That would suck to feel like you have to give up on it. I think if it runs, it's probably fixable. Even if you need a new valve cover and other top side parts.

Mine's at a local shop here in Nashville waiting on a new (used) engine for replacement since I was dumb and bought one with a knock that would probably eventually have grenaded itself.
[/QUOTE

Does yours have a Diesel engine?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes. It's got a top end knock... Wait a minute. If my new engine came with injectors I'll sell you all the parts you need to repair yours if I have them. Valve cover, injectors, oil cap thingy...

Message me.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts