Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 G500
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In anticipation of picking up my new 2005 g tomorrow, what improvements can I anticipate over the 2002 that I am turning in? I see i'm getting ParkAssist (whether I want it or not) and a stereo upgrade. Was anything else changed between 2002 and 2005?

Thanks.

·
Registered
'05 G55K - Stolen; '87 560SL - Sold
469 Posts
Side curtain air bags and some suspension thingy [:D]

Enjoy ... My dog hope's to have one soon too!!!

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
headliner change (which means you can't use the rear cargo net (assuming you even wanted one) that separates cargo area from the rest of the vehicle, at least not without modification) Anybody know if they're made an updated model?

I almost bought one once, but could think of why i really needed it. I've got a pull cover that covers any cargo the up to the windows, and is relieved for the jump seats, i hardly use that, maybe i should sell it.

I read of a door seal change but i've never had anybody confirm the re-design... maybe you can take a look? Maybe to allow the doors to close easier?You've got turn signals in your side view mirrors now... like they aren't visible on the hood. [;)]

Park Assist is O.K. Can be annoying, can be useful. The passengers seem more marveled by it than anything else.

·
Registered
2002 G500
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's the "suspension thingy".

Is the new headliner in any way better than the old?

I am mostly hoping that the electrical gremlins and interior rattles and squeaks are gone. Can anyone confirm that these issues have been improved on the '05s?

·
Registered
07 GL450 PE, 06 SLK55
341 Posts
i didn't notice a change on the headliner....stuff like driver multi-contour seat (would they have died if they were to give the same controls on the passenger side) that was an option on my 03 was standard now. There is a three point seatbelt for the middle seat. More leather on the door, side airbags, SAT radio option. I did not have any squeaks in my 03, so i cannot really tell if there is much of a difference. However, the leather lined cup holder is the same it hasn't flown off it's hinge yet!

·
Registered
03 G500 & 95 E320 Wagon
254 Posts
since the parktronic is standard, your in for suprise if you plan to tow with it. You can't turn it off.

side impact airbags are awesome feature! YOu will have fun with it. Get the extended warranty as well.

Jeremy

·
Registered
2004 MB G500 Black
1,175 Posts
I have an '04 model with over 16K miles. No window failure nor lock problems. No electrical problem.

Since i don't tow, the ParkTronic is a big plus for me. It makes parking the G a piece of cake. Without it, it would be a pain the butt because of the small rear window.

The Harman Kardon stereo is pretty good...good clarity and solid bass...the only minor negative is that imaging is not always perfect (due to shape of interior). NAVI is also improved because you can route from one region to the next on one CD-ROM.

The seats are multicontour, as stated above. It's pretty much useless, EXCEPT for the lumbar support. I cannot stand a seat without lumbar support...and i am not even that old![:D]

The new headliner is classier, IMO...but, i am bias. Steering wheel controls are better integrated.

And i would get extended warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts