Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Just picked up my barely (whoo!) used 2005 CLK 320 yesterday, and I have a few questions. Mine comes without the Command System, but of course has all the buttons, etc., for the telephone. When I scroll through the Steering Display, when it gets to phone, of course, it says "No Phone" or something to that effect. I would like to just use my regular bluetooth phone with the system so that it integrates into the car''s system.

Is there a dealer installed option or something I can buy third party? I believe (according to the sticker) it is pre-wired for the phone system. There is no docking station in the console, but the wires are definitely there.

Thanks!

Heat

·
Registered
1989 560SL, 2006 SLK350, 2011 E350 Estate (Kleemann)
253 Posts
There are only a few phones that will work with the built in system, and I think they are all out of prodution. do some searches here, and in the general mercedes section. There is info out there, I just dont recall it.

·
Registered
CLK350/2006
5 Posts
docking adapter

Same: My 2005/2006 CLK350 is prewired, but the adapater for my Motorola cellphone costs US$750. I don't think so! In fact most of the accessories like Sirus radio costs more than is reasonable for the kind of technology. Anyone know of an after-market upgrade source, or, is the wiring diagram and interface specs available?

·
Registered
1989 560SL, 2006 SLK350, 2011 E350 Estate (Kleemann)
253 Posts
I think I understand this now. If there is no port in the clove box, then you need a lot of parts.

No port: there is about $1200 worth of adaptors and processors (silver box) that need to be purchased and then installed to then allow a 1) phone specific cradle or 2) a BT PUCK to install in the car. The "ore wiring" is there for those initial features. That cradle or puck is another $400 on top of the other stuff + labor.

A bit pricey, but you get pretty full functioning with the MF screen / steering wheel buttons.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All

Just picked up my barely (whoo!) used 2005 CLK 320 yesterday, and I have a few questions. Mine comes without the Command System, but of course has all the buttons, etc., for the telephone. When I scroll through the Steering Display, when it gets to phone, of course, it says "No Phone" or something to that effect. I would like to just use my regular bluetooth phone with the system so that it integrates into the car''s system.

Is there a dealer installed option or something I can buy third party? I believe (according to the sticker) it is pre-wired for the phone system. There is no docking station in the console, but the wires are definitely there.

Thanks!

Heat

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
24,962 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Hilarious12 - please take a moment to read the information on the link below. It explains how to update your user profile so that your car's details and your location appear on each post below your avatar. This is good information for others to know when trying to help. It also has good information about how the forums are organized and how to use the search feature:

Find your Forum Section, Navigate & Search

I am not aware of a plug-and-play Bluetooth adapter. If you want hands-free calling, there are two options. One is factory parts and the other is an aftermarket add-on.

The factory setup is very complicated, because the car was designed to interface with specific model analog cell phone from Nokia and Motorola, allowing for a 3-watt booster. This systems requires adding a lot of parts that are no longer being manufactured and would have nothing to do with a Bluetooth phone. But they all have to be there for the car to recognize a phone. Once that's installed, then you can buy this "puck" that talks Bluetooth to your modern phone, but emulates an old Nokia/Moto phone to the car.

Aftermarket options were basically a "black box" that plugged into the fiber optic look and emulated enough of that old technology to work. They did not interface with the car's built-in mic, and some emulated a CD changer, so they used the CD transport buttons instead of the car's phone buttons. I don't think any companies are actively manufacturing these, but there may be some on eBay, etc.

If you want Bluetooth music streaming, then the best way to do that is via the radio's AUX input, using a generic BT receiver with a 2.5mm audio jack. If you car does not have the AUX jack in the glove box, it just means it's not connected - all MY2005+ CLK's had an AUX input capability.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Hilarious12 - please take a moment to read the information on the link below. It explains how to update your user profile so that your car's details and your location appear on each post below your avatar. This is good information for others to know when trying to help. It also has good information about how the forums are organized and how to use the search feature:

Find your Forum Section, Navigate & Search

I am not aware of a plug-and-play Bluetooth adapter. If you want hands-free calling, there are two options. One is factory parts and the other is an aftermarket add-on.

The factory setup is very complicated, because the car was designed to interface with specific model analog cell phone from Nokia and Motorola, allowing for a 3-watt booster. This systems requires adding a lot of parts that are no longer being manufactured and would have nothing to do with a Bluetooth phone. But they all have to be there for the car to recognize a phone. Once that's installed, then you can buy this "puck" that talks Bluetooth to your modern phone, but emulates an old Nokia/Moto phone to the car.

Aftermarket options were basically a "black box" that plugged into the fiber optic look and emulated enough of that old technology to work. They did not interface with the car's built-in mic, and some emulated a CD changer, so they used the CD transport buttons instead of the car's phone buttons. I don't think any companies are actively manufacturing these, but there may be some on eBay, etc.

If you want Bluetooth music streaming, then the best way to do that is via the radio's AUX input, using a generic BT receiver with a 2.5mm audio jack. If you car does not have the AUX jack in the glove box, it just means it's not connected - all MY2005+ CLK's had an AUX input capability.

My vehicle is a coup, with a cd changer in the glove box... no other ports are available.. I currently use a cigarette add on Blue tooth for my Iphone 8s.. I was trying to find a cleaner way to do blue tooth... the person who had this car before put reverse sensors on the rear bumper... which was the one thing I really wanted... great little car...thank God I was able to do all but one of the small repairs on the car.. I bought it a couple months ago with 68k on it... Apparently it had rear ended some one slightly as it all looks new except some body shop cut the ambient air sensor $40 and the front fog lamp wires...repair was $750...boy they are proud of their mechanics .... thanks for the reply... Larry

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
24,962 Posts
If it's a MY2005+, the radio has AUX capabilities. Normally it will have a 2.5mm jack jack on the inside right panel of the glove box. If not, you'll need to buy the wiring harness for it, which connects into a harness usually found tucked into the door sill or passenger kick panel. I've seen it posted in the forum before, like these:

(Found these quickly by searching "AUX" in this forum)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All

Thanks!

Heat
I find a cheap cigarette lighter adapter with blue tooth works just fine... speaker on the smart phone picks up the voice just fine...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.