Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 C320 Sedan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 C320 with OEM Rims. This is my fourth time cracking my rim and I need to replace it. I am a college student so i can't pay the $450 from the dealership for one rim. What are my options?

Thanks

·
Registered
2005 C230 Kompressor Sedan
81 Posts
4 times cracking rims? You got to lay off the crack.

Check craigslist, fleabay, and the classified on this and other sites.

As a college kid I drove a $2000 Toyota beater, so you must have some money if you're rolling in a Benz.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
ebay. not sure what you are doing but the factory rims are pretty strong and are not easy to crack once, let alone 4x. I would make sure you are running with correct tire pressure (or run it with the +4 psi as suggested for high speeds, which will give a little extra protection).

·
Registered
e 320 2005 c 320 '04
25 Posts
I have a 2005 C320 with OEM Rims. This is my fourth time cracking my rim and I need to replace it. I am a college student so i can't pay the $450 from the dealership for one rim. What are my options?

Thanks
I have C320 -05 too and i have one original wheel & tire as i put for spare tire in the trunk but it's to big so i have to remove foam , i wanna put the original spare tire back , if you want it i can sale to you cheap $ 60,- but the wheel have a liittle bend not really bad, and tire have alot of thread&still hold air & balance , i will put some picture if you interested, where u located ? you may pick up if you close to Los angeles

·
Registered
2005 C230 Sport
7 Posts
I recently purchased a 2005 c230 sport (30k miles). The dealer showed me paper work on what they did to the car to get it ready for sale. They had 3 out of the 4 wheels repaired. Not sure if they were bent or cracked but it just shows that 4 bent rims is possible.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
that could've just been cosmetic curb rash (which most used cars have) but anything's possible.

I recently purchased a 2005 c230 sport (30k miles). The dealer showed me paper work on what they did to the car to get it ready for sale. They had 3 out of the 4 wheels repaired. Not sure if they were bent or cracked but it just shows that 4 bent rims is possible.

·
Registered
2013 E350 Sport sedan
108 Posts
yes, the c230 rim with low profile tires really stick out. if you go near a curb, the rim hits the curb more so than the tire. All 4 of my rims on my 2005 c230 sport have curb rash, and I'm very careful. I have found a place that will restore them for $100 each. Not bad I say.

As for "cracking the rim" what do you mean by that exactly? Are you launching the car over railroad tracks? I agree with Schumicat on the tire pressure.

·
Registered
2005 MB C320
5 Posts

Thanks
I have 4 OEM wheels from my '05 C320, chrome by the CA. dealer. I think one has a 1" long surface curb rash, they came like that. They balance fine until February when they were replaced... some brake dust that may clean OFF and some very small pitting, not for show but perfect for Northern VA. pot holes and steel road plates...LOL I leaved in Chevy Chase, Arlington and Christal City. If interested send me a email, I will try to get some photos to you as they are in Dewey Beach and now I am in Dover, the price will be Dependant on were we meet but much, much less then what you paid for just one. Regards!

·
Registered
2005 C320 Sedan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cracked Rim

yes, the c230 rim with low profile tires really stick out. if you go near a curb, the rim hits the curb more so than the tire. All 4 of my rims on my 2005 c230 sport have curb rash, and I'm very careful. I have found a place that will restore them for $100 each. Not bad I say.

As for "cracking the rim" what do you mean by that exactly? Are you launching the car over railroad tracks? I agree with Schumicat on the tire pressure.
There are a lot of pot holes in my area. As much as I try and avoid them every once in a while I hit them and they really mess up my rims. Slowly over time it starts cracking and then the rim stops holding air in the tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts