Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im looking for some assistance with indash for a 2005 c320 v6 sedan

its the earlier model before they made MP3 compatible players
it has a cd changer in the glovebox and AUX input option and the phone option.

one of the installers said that it might be optical connection to the amp
is there a way to tell without pulling it out
it has 4 door speakers, center speaker and a sub

heres exactly how the OEM radio looks ( picture is c230 but radio is same)

so my questions are
1)is there a double din dash kit for it(and which one looks best?)
2) if it is optical is there an integration harness for it
3)is the sub amp separate from speaker amp?
can irun separate RCA out fro sub so i can use the sub out on indash to control it?

im a noob to MB i drive an acura myself, my GF drives a mercedes and she keeps complaining about lack of ipod,mp3,and all so im researching what i need to do...

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
1,903 Posts
That's optical, no integration available. Either work with the setup as is or replace everything, head unit through to speakers. It's easy to spot optical, behind one of the trunk panels should be an amp with two orange fibers hooked to it. That you have a sub is why I am fairly certain you have optical. You will spend $1k in install and parts before you have even gotten an install as good as the stock system. There should be a factory iPod kit available for this car as it has MOST, not too terribly expensive and provides full integration. I'm just not sure if it works on the 2005s or only the 2006 and later.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i install professionally just been avoiding mercedes and BMW asmuch as possible lol
so ill just be paying for parts
i can get them pretty cheap from the store
so do i even need that center channel with aftermarket?
speakers are 4 ohm right?i should be able to use them i mean they not that bad for factory.

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
1,903 Posts
Yeah, you can use the existing speakers, the only real downside is that all the wiring goes to the back. So you will have to run a bunch of wiring back there anyway, unless it already happens to be in the harness and you could make a loop harness. I know less about the 2004.5+ units than about the earlier. Didn't see the speaker wiring in my 2004. The iPod integration may not be cheap but it's probably cheaper than replacing the whole system unless you get a really good deal and don't mind doing all the work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts