Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 C320
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just leased a 2005 C320 4Matic. Great car. Got a question on the navigation. Tonight I was playing around with the navigation, using it to come home from the highway. When I asked it to plot a course home, it had me exit the highway and instead travel on a 2 lane road with lights. Seems like that was a longer way to go. Question, is there some preference that is pre-selected on the navigation which avoids highways when searching for the quickest route to the destination? Any thoughts would be appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Jim

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
jhirni - 3/28/2005 8:56 AM

I just leased a 2005 C320 4Matic. Great car. Got a question on the navigation. Tonight I was playing around with the navigation, using it to come home from the highway. When I asked it to plot a course home, it had me exit the highway and instead travel on a 2 lane road with lights. Seems like that was a longer way to go. Question, is there some preference that is pre-selected on the navigation which avoids highways when searching for the quickest route to the destination? Any thoughts would be appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Jim
Quickest route is the path on roads with the greatest average speed - those roads signposted with a higher limit than other roads.

Whilst I may not agree with the navigation myself it does something which I think is quite useful. If I ignore it then it still finds a path to the destination.

Have you tried using your better known path and seeing if it is better ?

Personally from experience the nav does offer some very useful routes and if you ever get bored you can ignore it and it can show you some new ones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts