Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well thank you all for these responses.

We still have the issue this vehicle - just living with it for now.

It works, albeit slightly not to spec.

Thanks
(oh sorry for the year deal this)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone!!! I found an answer that worked for my 2007 cls550 (W219). I've had the same problem where my key would unlock and lock but only if it was right next to the car either having to touch the key to the IR receptor in the driver door or put it against the glass to work.

Reading through here they talked about fuzes or the combo antenna on the back glass possibly being culprits. I checked my fuzes and number 13 in the trunk (15amp) and another 15amp was blown under the hood. Replacing both of those first did nothing but they did not blow when I put the new fuzes in.

Then I checked the antenna by pulling down both sides and headliner just enough to see the edge of the window and I found on the driver side of the rear window 6 wires running to a plug. My plug wasn't plugged into anything so I pulled the plastic interior panel back a little further and there was a plug in for it.

The antenna not being plugged in is what fixed it!! After 2 years of this problem I finally have it working at 25+ feet away which is better than ever!

PS. Thank you everyone for your advic! This forum is the only way I was able to figure this out. 😁😁

21 - 22 of 22 Posts