Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 C240 4Matic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first Mercedes that I purchased in June of this year. I noticed that my tires are wearing and I need to purchase a set. I have been on 1 long trip from Memphis to La and back. I love this car but now I’m getting road noise from the tires and I need advice on the type I need to purchase. What are the highest rated tires for quietness for the C240?

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
I replaced the tires on my E last year and my chief concern was noise. I was replacing OE-spec contis that worked very well, but once they were about 3/5 worn down they got really noisy.

In the end I went with a touring tire, the Goodyear Comfortred Assurance. It was kind of expensive, but it had the best noise rating on various different cars and also has good longevity and other specs. I'm 15,000 miles into them now and they are still one of the quietest tires I've ever owned...and thus far I'm hard-pressed to see any wear on them.

But I'm with shumicat, check out some tires and then look at the specific ratings at tirerack, it's an amazing database of information.

Happy shopping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts