Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been a long time since I posted anything on this website. Anyways, i'm on vacation til the holidays and I decided to mess around with the many LED bulbs i've accumulated with the various cars i've had. After taking research on this website about how owners are tired of the dingy brown stock 12v/5w 194 stock bulbs in their W203's C230's. I decided to find out which LED bulb will work without throwing any codes due to low voltage that LED's produce for the parking lights in front. I threw codes by switching to a single LED bulb easily (changed out the stock bulb, plugged in the single LED, and a code was thrown ). So. I came upon a 5 SMD LED Tower Miniature wedge retro fit cool white bulb. ( photos pictured below ). I plugged these on and guess what.....NO CODES THROWN. These LED's produced a very bright white light that will match those that have converted their H7's stock halogen bulbs to HID's. The photos below are 2 bulbs that I had used in my commuter car. The blue 12v/5w is made from Polarg which showed a very light tint of blue, yet totally different than the stock 194 bulbs that come with the cars. And obviously, the 5 SMD LED tower bulb. I'm sure this information has been mentioned before, but I wanted to provided information of what i've experienced and share it with members that have been wanting to change out the stock 194 bulbs out of their vehicles. I haven't driven the car with the LED bulbs yet, but I will keep this updated if any codes are thrown due to the LED bulbs in the parking lamp assemble.

~Roger007

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
yes they make leds for these cars but with any "bulb out warning" you will need a CANBUS LED

these are all over ebay and what not just make sure to inspect where your putting the bulb before you go ahead and purchase to make sure you will have the room needed to install, theretrofitsource.com has some really good products if you dont like to deal with ebay

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's good info dforney56 for our members. I used the cambus LED's in my parking lamps. I'll take a look at the site you provided. It's always good to have more options when it comes to purchasing parts for our cars :) Thanks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i had the leds when i had my halogen headlights in and made the car look really good but now that i have the DEPO headlights with the D2S HID and the projector fog lamps with the LED bulb.I personally like the look of my amber parking light in front to offset the blue lights

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i had the leds when i had my halogen headlights in and made the car look really good but now that i have the DEPO headlights with the D2S HID and the projector fog lamps with the LED bulb.I personally like the look of my amber parking light in front to offset the blue lights
Do you have a pic of that ? I'd like to check it out. I'm thinking about HID's in replacement for my halogens. Any recommendations ? I've been online for the past 2 hours looking at so many HID set-ups.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i tried to do the pics but they keep saying file to large and cant remember my photobucket account

for a plug and play upgrade they are deffinattly worth the money just dont cheap out on the knockoffs i would go with the depo brand with bi-xenon hids

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
18,703 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
rudeney
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing