Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting this code and my car is noticeably shaking and acting a little weird at times. I have replaced all of the spark plugs and have switched around the coils with no results. Anyone have any advice? I'm lost and would really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The engine needs four things to run, air, compression, fuel and spark. You seem to have checked out the spark part. How is the compression and is that cylinder getting fuel? Bill

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel seems to be fine, but I was just driving and my AC spontaneously shut off, then started 15 seconds later. Could the compressor be to blame for both of these problems, or is my car really jacked up?

·
Registered
164 Posts
The compression I was meaning is the compression in number 4 cylinder. If there is a burned valve or bad rings, you could have low compression. Also, I was meaning are you getting fuel to that cylinder. A dirty injector or something of that sort could cause lack of fuel there. But, the cut out of the AC just preceding the problem seems to suggest some other problem. Was the AC blowing warm air, or did the blower quit. Did the charge light come on?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really don't know much about cars, and do not know how to check the compression or fuel...I appreciate you trying to help, though. As for the AC, it came on hot for 2 seconds, started blowing cold, then the blower just quit for 15 seconds, then came back on cold...I would take it in tomorrow, but the dealership cannot get me in until Sept. 11...and the charge light did not come on

·
Registered
164 Posts
Testing compression or fuel injectors requires special equipment. As for getting in to a shop, I'd suggest that you go to cartalk.com. They have a section called "mechanics files." You might be able to find a repair shop which has been recommended which can help you quicker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts