Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody, I need help. My car seems to be shaking a little and keeps coding for cylinder 4 misfire. Every once in a while, the car starts sputtering/shaking pretty badly. It seems to throw a code (Check engine light) after restarting it while it's still warm. Cold starts and driving at high speeds do not seem to bother it. I have been driving it anyway and it the CEL will go off for a few days,and then come back on for awhile. The car seems a bit off and a little shay all of the time, though. I still get great gas mileage and have not had any other problems. I have replaced all of the plugs and the coil pack for cylinder 4...with no changes. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Definitely did not...I really have no idea what I'm doing. Seriously, I am going off old posts about this code and hadn't heard anything about a resistor to change

·
Registered
17 Posts
the resistor is the ign wire. If you havent changed that you can swap it from another cylinder and see if the missfire moves to that other cyl. But that engine has a problem with the valve guides wearing and causing the valves to burn. I would recomend having a leak down test done on that cylinder. Should be no more than 15-20%

1 - 4 of 4 Posts