Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
05 C230 SSK
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 2005 C230 sport sedan (Black on Black-every option except seat heaters) on Thursday. Have done the following:

19" x 8.5 wheels front
235/35/19 Conti sport contact 2
19" x 9.5 wheels back
265/30/19 Conti sport contact 2
rolled fender

H&R springs installed
aluminum door pins
clear side lens
black CLK Grill
flat emblem
15% window tint

I will post pictures early this next week but I wanted to comment on this suspension wheel set up. I am very happy with the look and ride.
1.) turning radius not effected
2.) Ride quality still very good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats on your new mod.
Could you please tell me what kind of rims you have?Do you use spacer to clear the front break caliper?

·
Registered
1991 190E 2.6 Auto, Artic White/grey MB-Tex
278 Posts
Why didn't you tint the top portion of the windshield? Is it illegal in Ca.? Also, have you considered the C55 rear lip spoiler?

·
Registered
05 C230 SSK
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JimAB - 2/8/2005 11:23 AM

Why didn't you tint the top portion of the windshield? Is it illegal in Ca.? Also, have you considered the C55 rear lip spoiler?
1- I am not a big fan of the top windshield tinted, although it is legal in Ca.

2- The rear lip spoiler was supposed to be installed when I picked up the car, but the dealership screwed up so it is scheduled to go on in about a week.

·
Registered
My Benz: 04 S430
1,219 Posts
Wow,
Congrats!! Looks real nice. These are the same wheels I decided to get except 18". they look awesome on your car..

Could you share with me the part number for your H&R springs?
I just installed a set of eibach's but my car is no where near that low so I'm going to swap for H&Rs. That's the perfect look .

Thanks
"DM"

·
Registered
E350 Coupe; E92 Coupe; C32 AMG (gone); Toyota Matrix
36 Posts
Nice drop!

What is rolled fender? How did they do it?

When you have the 19" wheels with that low body, will you hit your fenders when you passed those speed bumps?

I am thinking buying the 19" wheels like yours but do you just replaced the rear springs alone? Most people said they need to buy the cup kits.

·
Registered
05 C230 SSK
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
V Power - 2/8/2005 9:57 PM

Nice drop!

What is rolled fender? How did they do it?

When you have the 19" wheels with that low body, will you hit your fenders when you passed those speed bumps?

I am thinking buying the 19" wheels like yours but do you just replaced the rear springs alone? Most people said they need to buy the cup kits.
If you feel along the inside of your wheel well there is a lip, this lip can rub when you increase wheel size and lower. A rolled wheelwell has that lip pushed in, so you give yourself more clearamce. It is not difficult to do.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Who can able to do this rolled fender? Bodyshop or D.I.Y.?

How about my question regarding the speed bumps with your car lowered?

Please share the information, thanks

·
Registered
00 W202, 04 955 S, 08 e90
1,704 Posts
NICESHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

·
Registered
05 C230 SSK
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
V Power - 2/9/2005 9:12 AM

Who can able to do this rolled fender? Bodyshop or D.I.Y.?

How about my question regarding the speed bumps with your car lowered?

Please share the information, thanks
Any good shop that installs lowering suspensions should be able to roll the fenders. Also, most bodyshops can do it also. It isn't the most complicated mod but I would suggest having someone who knows what they are doing do it.

Regarding speed bumps- With my fenders rolled I get no rub while going over speed bumps. Now with that said, my heaviest load in the car has been 2 200 pound guys in the front. I think if you loaded the car with 4 adults you would rub. So stay away from picking up the fat chicks!!

All in all the ride is great (better then my '04 M3 but still stiff) and my turning radius did not suffer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just search the other forums and found the definition of rolled fender. Some people use baseball bat [:0] and some shop use the fender roller to bend the lips. However, the chances of getting paint chips are high too if people do not know what they are doing.

Based on your feedback, I know what I should do when I purchase the 19" wheels, thanks.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts