Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know that for the 2005 C230 (M271, 1.8 kompressor engine) they are NLA in the US from dealers or anywhere else (they now only have paper). Anyone know if they are still available in Germany or other countries? My rents live in Germany and I can have my mom send some to me if they have them (I would get extras to sell as well). Thanks

·
Registered
2010 C200 CGI /W203/SLK230/W202/230E/280SE
3,301 Posts
I know that for the 2005 C230 (M271, 1.8 kompressor engine) they are NLA in the US from dealers or anywhere else (they now only have paper). Anyone know if they are still available in Germany or other countries? My rents live in Germany and I can have my mom send some to me if they have them (I would get extras to sell as well). Thanks
If you find any for the M111(4 cyl) please post the supplier

Oberoi

·
Registered
2005 230 Kompressor
341 Posts
One of my assistants is from Hamburg, Germany and I have had her research using her local automotive contacts, to see if any of the German aftermarket companies like Mann, Hengst, etc, still produced a fleece filter and to the best of my knowledge, no one makes the this filter any more for the M271 engine. I have spent hours looking into this issue.

All current M271 filters, either sold here in the US or in Europe for this MB model are now only paper-based filters. I would not run them for 12-13k like you can with a fleece filter, but most people I know change the paper filter every 5k with no problems or evidence of sludge build-up. The dealership has told me it is ok to run a paper filter for the same mileage between oil changes as a fleece, but I still change out every 5k regardless. The paper filters provide good protection, but do not have the filtering discretion nor durability of fleece. However, that is the only option available, as the fleece filter for this model stopped being available almost two years ago. Also make sure to run MB approved 229.5 spec oil ( Usually Mobil 0-40w Euro Spec), to get the maximum benefit and to comply with MB approved fluids.

Autohauz and other MB parts sites have Hengst and other German quality paper filters available, and unless there is a site that exists without my knowledge, I know of no other resource to acquire a fleece filter for the M271. Even the MB dealers show an updated parts number which supersedes the old part number for the fleece filter.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Mark. I have a short commute so I have been changing my oil based on 1 year interval rather than mileage (about 8k/yr.). So I should be ok. It is annoying that they put a sticker in engine bay that warns you to only use fleece filter and then discontinue it. Same as the factory floor mats in certain colors; ash mats are NLA and the next closest color is not that close.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts