Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
The recent cold snap in London caused issues with the passenger door lock on my A150 (2005); machine gunning.
I followed some advice and removed the lock pin, and syringed in a little GT85.

This sorted the machine-gunning instantly, however, even though the pin went down as usual, the door still opened by pulling the handle. Hitting the lock button again seems to lock it...

Could the machine gunning have caused some damage?
Would I need to remove the door card to rejig some of the parts, or is a new part in order here?
I have WIS and a steady pair of hands, so removal shouldn't be an issue if I'm careful with all the clips.

Thanks!

·
Registered
06 White B200T
739 Posts
I have the same thing happening to me on my 2006 B200, only does it on cold days. Maybe I should try some spray grease too.

Anthony

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone!
The recent cold snap in London caused issues with the passenger door lock on my A150 (2005); machine gunning.
I followed some advice and removed the lock pin, and syringed in a little GT85.

Thanks!
Hi there, can you comment on how to remove the lock pin? Got a 2005 A200 and the driver side lock is doing the machine gun thingy... Thx.

·
W245 Moderator
2009 C300 4MATIC
3,302 Posts
I have the same thing happening to me on my 2006 B200, only does it on cold days. Maybe I should try some spray grease too.

Anthony
Ditto...gotta try that...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi there, can you comment on how to remove the lock pin? Got a 2005 A200 and the driver side lock is doing the machine gun thingy... Thx.
Just use a pair of pliers and unscrew the black plastic cap from the rod.
If you want to take your door pad off completely then you will find that the little rubber bellows covering the rod where it goes into the lock have more than likely become concertinad.
You can take a pair of scissors and widen the hole, or go to a MB shop and buy the modified bellows, all will be good after that.
Replacing the lock is fiddly :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just use a pair of pliers and unscrew the black plastic cap from the rod.
If you want to take your door pad off completely then you will find that the little rubber bellows covering the rod where it goes into the lock have more than likely become concertinad.
You can take a pair of scissors and widen the hole, or go to a MB shop and buy the modified bellows, all will be good after that.
Replacing the lock is fiddly :)
Awesome, thx for the info.

Just did it this morning and the machine gun lock is gone :D, fingers crossed it will last.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts