Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the 2004 headlight/hi-beam assemblies are same for 2004 & 2005? Wanna make sure before I buy them; no refunds.

I just bought a new '05 E500. Looking to get Xenons. Found some off an 04. Read previous posts and I know that either dealer or someone with tools for the computer and good approximation of adjustment is gonna have to install it. If you're one of those people, please let me know how much to install in LA/Orange/Riverside/San Bernardino county area. I'm in Riverside County but willing to drive to surrounding counties.[:D]

·
Registered
E320 W211
64 Posts
I got quote of $400 from a certain shop in Huntington Beach which I thought was a bit high. So I had the dealer program the xenon present and waiting for some freetime to do the install myself. It would require removing the front bumper, not for the faint of heart.

Steve from mbenznl dot com can sell you a set and install them for you next time he's in the LA area. He travels around and have reputation of first rate job.

Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks. Just went to his site and emailed him for pricing. It's cool that he also does Nav, DVD and MP3. I was going to look into those next.

·
Registered
E320 W211
64 Posts
Your 2005 should already be mp3 capable. The DVD player can play 4GB of mp3 files, so can the CD changer if you have it.

Nav is an easy install since all 05 E-class are prewired. Go to forums.mbworld.org and search for keyword "retrofit pics" under w211 forum for a step by step instruction with pictures. Will take no more than 1 hour of your time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mp3 & nav

Yeah, I discovered the MP3 thing the other day. Burned my entire music library onto a dvd. Beautiful. I was also pleased to find out that you can have 1 level of folders using the dvd.

Am I allowed to talk about prices on this forum? Or is that bad etiquette? I wanted to ask about nav. Got some quotes, but wanted to see if anyone found a better deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts