Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a bad ECU in car when it heats up the car shuts down. To clone ECU i need exact same number or just the CR and HW has to bee the same on it ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Sernas, I do not know what you mean by "CR" and "HW", but that Delphi number has to be the same. PLUS there is an ePROM on the circuit board, which contains the safety information, like key details. That ePROM from your old unit has to be soldered out and soldered into the "new" cheaper second-hand unit available on the net. What Merc would do, is sell you a new unit and then electronically copy that ePROM content into the new unit for several thousands of $$.

There is a video of someone using Acetone first on the ePROM, then using a heat gun and covering the board with foil as a heat shield, then does the swapping.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Sernas, I do not know what you mean by "CR" and "HW", but that Delphi number has to be the same. PLUS there is an ePROM on the circuit board, which contains the safety information, like key details. That ePROM from your old unit has to be soldered out and soldered into the "new" cheaper second-hand unit available on the net. What Merc would do, is sell you a new unit and then electronically copy that ePROM content into the new unit for several thousands of $$.

There is a video of someone using Acetone first on the ePROM, then using a heat gun and covering the board with foil as a heat shield, then does the swapping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts