Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slk30 srs light problem im having a srs light on and off and a code reader said child seat recognition coding faulty? help

·
Registered
1998 , SLK 230
227 Posts
I had that when the passenger seat got extremely wet in a rainstorm. From memory I dried out the sensor under the seat and pulled the carpet back in the footwell to dry out the electronics under there , reset the code and the problem went away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill check , but I have not gotten it wet unless my daughter did some time. I hope I don't have to take that seat apart.

·
Registered
1998 , SLK 230
227 Posts
Ill check , but I have not gotten it wet unless my daughter did some time. I hope I don't have to take that seat apart.
From memory the sensors visible under the seat I removed the seat and turned it upside in the sun to dry the sensor out.
I can't remember it as being any big deal. The sensor had one plug.

·
Registered
2001 CLK320 Coupe
6 Posts
Sorry his "daughter did some time"; sentencing guidelines are crazy. 😉 I had the same SRS issue with a CLK, was a cut wire. I found a loose ground wire also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks I'll look at both sides, but I think that the problem is on the passenger side. Thanks

·
Registered
2001 CLK320 Coupe
6 Posts
Ok thanks I'll look at both sides, but I think that the problem is on the passenger side. Thanks
[/QUOTE

The Child Seat Occupancy Recognition Sensor would only be on the passenger side. If you never will have a child in that seat, one option is to purchase an install a device that tricks the system, then you clear the trouble code. Airbags won't deploy on pass side is SRS code is reported. If the sensor actually failed you could r&r. Thats gotta be fun.😞 I'd, check the connectors & wiring. Always be safe when working on the airbag system. Cheers.

·
Registered
2001 CLK320 Coupe
6 Posts
An example of a mat emulator. About$50 for a decent one. Or, new sensor is around $100 and no fun to take apart the upholstery. You may have damaged it or simply had something around 25 pounds in the seat unbuckled. Resetting the code will fix that. 🤔 Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thanks its probably the sensor in the seat is what im leaning toward
View attachment 2611430 An example of a mat emulator. About$50 for a decent one. Or, new sensor is around $100 and no fun to take apart the upholstery. You may have damaged it or simply had something around 25 pounds in the seat unbuckled. Resetting the code will fix that. 🤔 Good luck!
Ok thanks I might try I. Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts