Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2005 sl65

Hi, I;m interested in buying a 2005 SL65, however i really want to drive this car for at least 2-3 years before buying a new car. I hate it when i buy a car and a new model comes out. So does anyone know when a new SL is coming out, because i heard its coming out real soon. I would probably have this car by Mid May , 2007. I want to be able to drive it until may 2009. Would that be before new model comes out? Thanks

·
Registered
2007 SL 550 and 2004 CLK 500
8 Posts
2009 or 2010 SL facelift

Dear BNTsauce,

I have thought about the same thing. One of the best discussions I've seen on the issue of the 2009 or 20010 SL can be found at:

2009 Mercedes SL

I have a 2007 SL 550 and love it. From what I can see by the shape of the car in the spy photo, the car's overall design may be relatively similar. It may be a matter of personal preference about the relative beauty of the present bi-lobed headlight and grill design (just redesigned for 2007) vs. a more integrated headlamp that uses the same design language as the current SLK, S, and CL. Frankly, I like my version so much it's hard to envision liking the new version so much better that I'd trade my 2007. By the way, the 2007 SL 550 just received major upgrades in the engine, ABC, Steering, transmission, etc. I think the AMG versions had some improvements as well for 2007.

Life is short and I am very glad to have the 2007 SL 550 while I have time to use it and am young enough to fully enjoy it. I plan on keeping it for many years. The car and design are so good it seems timeless. On the other hand, I tend to keep the cars I love for a long time. My 986 Mazda RX7 is still in the family and it is a joy to drive and looks new.

Enjoy your SL!:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts