Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the three year wait now begins! Now I know how those people felt who placed their deposits on the new SL, back in 1998.. I have very good feelings about this car, and feel it will be hotter than the current CL55 //AMG. I believe there will be only 150 units/year allocated for the U.S.. And besides, I can always have my deposit refunded, so I have nothing to lose..<br>
<br>
I wanted to ask everyone something. I gave the dealer the $1000.00 deposit, and signed the contract, but am somewhat confused. He wrote on the contract the following:<br>
<br>
This is great!! --> 'SL55 will be sold @ MSRP @ Time of delivery'<br>
<br>
This I do not understand ---> 'Order cannot be assigned, or transferred to a 3rd party, or entity'<br>
<br>
I do not understand this, as there is a signature block, at the top of the contract, all by itself, and in bold letters, which states:<br>
<br>
'This contract can not be sold, assigned, or transferred to a third party, or other entity'<br>
<br>
I was not asked to sign that portion of the contract!?<br>
<br>
I was only asked to sign the the signature block at the bottom of the contract.<br>
<br>
Does this mean that his entry is not valid, as the separate block was not signed?<br>
<br>
Any comments, are welcomed, and appreciated..<br>
<br>
http://216.122.199.143/uploads/pics/CONTRACT_DETAIL_1.jpg <br>
<br>
http://216.122.199.143/uploads/pics/CONTRACT_DETAIL_2.jpg <br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My dealer doesn't do waiting lists

I asked my dealer about it and he said they don't do that here. <br> <br> BTW, how much are you anticipating the cost of the AMG version?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Lists?! (more...)

Is he a 'real' Benz dealer? I thought ALL authorised MB dealers had to have list..<br> <br> I think the estimated MSRP of the car is around $97,000.00

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: No Lists?! (more...)

The MSRP for the sl55 is ONLY $97,000? The how come the far less equiped sl600 was $130,000? I would think that the price would be in the same ballpark (within 10 grand) or the sl600 at least.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree... (more...)

So I was being a bit on the conservative side... So how about $120,000.00 out the door, leaves us with lots of room for options, etc..<br> <br> The SL600 is a totally different car, in, and of itself.. V-12, different everything. I would say $120,000.00 is a good estimate, after you factor in options, and all the other junk...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: I agree... (more...)

Yeah about 120,000 or 125,000 is a good estimate, since I am gonna want every option on my sl55 including the designo edition option. Oh and one other thing, why do V12's cost sooo much more than V8's that have similar or higher outputs?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
V-12's cost more to manufacture (more...)

It really has nothing to do with the output as much as the differences in cars with a V-8, and a V-12 engine.<br> <br> A car with a V-12 engine is produced differently:<br> <br> - Different Transmission<br> <br> - The suspension is not the same, due to the weight of the V-12 engine<br> <br> - The electronics, gauges<br> <br> Pretty much everything...<br> <br> Fuel injection, electronics..

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it means he doesn't take it too seriousely for now because he doesn't even know if he will be allocated any SL AMG anytime soon. Same story for me, I first on the waiting list in L.A. downtown, but what about if my dealer doesn't manage to get the car ?<p>dialup-65.56.154.204.Dial1.LasVegas1.Level3.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It means that you cannot transfer the order to another person...

For instance, you cannot sell your spot in line as has been done for other cars on EBay.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts