Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 SL55 AMG DEsigno Edition, 2009 ML350 4matic
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Red ABC "drive carefully warning" has slowly increased in frequency. Only shows for a couple seconds. Initially it only came on over big dips at freeway speed now random. Some bumps set it off, some don't . Sometimes I can go for a drive and no warnings!

The fluid is at proper levels. The car is not sagging at all and it raises and lowers. I get a C1525-064 Low System Pressure Error Code on OBD II...Historic. I believe fluid was changed 3K ago

It passed a rodeo yesterday. My understanding this rules out weak pump, as the rodeo would abort .

It had new accumulators put in about 3K miles ago and fluid change in 04/23/2018. Can it pass a rodeo with bad valve blocks?

Any ideas? Car drives fine other then warning in display!

·
Outstanding Contributor
2003 SL500, 2003 SL55, and four R129s
4,318 Posts
I replied on the other forum. I'd delete that post if I could. Here's what I posted:

I read that the accumulators are new, but it is difficult to overlook the fact that these are characteristics of failed accumulators.

A car can complete a Rodeo with a failed valve block, but visually it will not look proper.

I'd run Star Diagnosis' accumulator test. And while I was at it, I'd run the other tests of the pressure supply system. If I still had no clue, then I would drive the car and see how the pressure varies under different conditions. For that I might go to a lesser device such as a Foxwell NT510 which I have plugged in all the time I am driving. Star Diagnosis can be had for $200; the Foxwell is $135.

·
Registered
2004 SL55 AMG DEsigno Edition, 2009 ML350 4matic
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, so it turns out the front accumulator had the mounting bolts missing and was leaking. Rears are fine. $720 for front including flush & filter. If that doesn't fix additional $740 for rears. Seems very fair!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have ongoing abc problems 2004 sl 500 I need a low price mechanic. I live in Santa Monica but if the price is low enough I will drive 50 to 70 miles for repair. Any suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts