Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 ML350, 2009 C350
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 ML - Somehow the mirror piece of my driver's side mirror developed a hairline crack! Its gone all the way across the mirror now! I'm guessing its the cold snap we had on Tue on the east coast and with the mirror being heated, probably caused it to crack.

Dealer is reluctant to replace it but I'm still pursuing. In the meantime, does anyone have any experience or instructions on how to remove and replace the mirror piece? And where is the best place to buy this part? Since its the auto-dimming side, I assume it won't be cheap! If anyone has a part nbr, that will definitely be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
98ML320
1,278 Posts
I'd stay on your dealer till he does it under warranty. Unless you had an accident and there are scratches to the mirror casing I think you should easily be able to claim this as a defective mirror. Or just goto another dealer since the service at your dealer obviously could use improvement.

·
Registered
'00 ML430, '97 E320
165 Posts
Definately try and get the dealer to replace. My 2000 ML, out of warranty, mirror cracked as well and I know nothing hit it. The part is around 220 from the dealer. [:0]

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
dmbenzworld - 3/12/2005 7:20 AM
Dealer is reluctant to replace it but I'm still pursuing. In the meantime, does anyone have any experience or instructions on how to remove and replace the mirror piece?
As others have said, definitely pursue the dealer route. Make sure that you talk to the shop foreman and the service manager as well, not just your advisor. It is an expensive part since it's auto dimming.

As for the glass replacement, it simply pops out. You just have to be very careful in doing so because the tabs behind the mirror are easy to break. Best to let the dealer do it though!

·
Registered
2004 ML350, 2009 C350
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies. I will definitely pursue it thru the dealer. I will even call MB directly if I get more pushback as I believe its definitely a defect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts