Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This package includes:

1. 1 pair of 2004 bi-xenon headlights, modified so that no adaptor is need -- just plug and play (auto-leveling will still be functional!!)
2. 1 pair of LED tail light
3. 1 pair of clear turning indicator lights on the mirrors (specially made for 00 to 03 models so that no modification is needed)

The company is asking for $2000 USD plus shipping...is this a good deal?

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
I've heard that new headlight (03'-on) won't fit ealier model (00'-02'). If they can reassure the fitment, it's not a bad deal.

·
Registered
2001 S500
40 Posts
Hey newbie here...

I have a 2001 S500 and i have been looking to upgrade the current 03"-up look. If that company would happen to have a url adress i would greatly appriceate it if you could pass it on to me.

Thanks!

-------------------------
2001 MB S500 white/java only 26,000 miles!

2002 Saab 95 Aero Nordic... 300+hp!

2000 Chevy Suburban LT... great hauler

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They will fit the earlier model, but because the wires are different, most people use an "adaptor" to connect the 03 headlights to their 00-02. This manufacture has modified the OEM headlights so that it'll simply be plug and play. This manufacture is in Taiwan, and does not have a website...I am going there on business for 3 days, and I am shipping the lights back. Thank you for your inputs.

·
Registered
2016 E400 coupe, 2018 GLE350, 2007 CL600, 2019 C43 coupe
126 Posts
Here's another place I found near Hamburg, Germany. The headlights are H7's instead of xenon. Cost is 600 euros. I bought the rear lights on Ebay and they were from Taiwan. Cost was a little over $200 so you could definitely do the front and rear for around $1000.

http://www.oryl.de/english/angebot.htm

·
Registered
2000 -> S500
88 Posts
Has anyone ordered/installed these? I've tried sending MBAMG an email via this forum and all my emails are held in my OUTBOX for months? Any ideas...?

I am very interested in these if they are OEM! Any idea how to contact MBAMG?

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Got the whole set for $1500 awhile back on ebay!

http://benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1208408&posts=8&fid=19

·
Registered
126 Posts
I ordered a pair of front lamps with the H7 lamps less than tw weeks ago from a guy in Taiwan. I found him by searching "W220" on the Taiwan Yahoo site. Anyway, I took a chance and ordered the lamps from him for $800 delivered. They arrived today and look great. The lamps are not OEM, they are Depo aftermarket lamps. The guy's e-mail address is: [email protected] and the website was http://cgi.tw.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7971946669

It's in Chinese and if you're not a world traveler, it's somewhat imtimidating. Anyway, I bought the rear lamps on Ebay for $200 and now the front for $800. You can beat the price and the quality is quite good.

[:)]

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
wcbaird - 5/11/2005 10:38 PM

I ordered a pair of front lamps with the H7 lamps less than tw weeks ago from a guy in Taiwan. I found him by searching "W220" on the Taiwan Yahoo site. Anyway, I took a chance and ordered the lamps from him for $800 delivered. They arrived today and look great. The lamps are not OEM, they are Depo aftermarket lamps. The guy's e-mail address is: [email protected] and the website was http://cgi.tw.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7971946669

It's in Chinese and if you're not a world traveler, it's somewhat imtimidating. Anyway, I bought the rear lamps on Ebay for $200 and now the front for $800. You can beat the price and the quality is quite good.

[:)]
Post some pictures after you have installed them...

Thanks,

RIck

·
Registered
2000 S500 Sport
79 Posts
Damn dtx, that looks hot, now it's going to be depressing walking into the garage and my all-stock 2000 ... lol

·
Registered
2000 -> S500
88 Posts
WC -> Thanks for the information.

Some dumb newbie questions/clarifications:

1> Were the External Headlamps you got from this guy OEM and the internal Bulbs Aftermarket?

2> Was wondering if the External Headlamp Unit comes with H7s can they be upgraded by putting Bi-Xenon Bulbs?

3> Did you also get the Clear Mirror Turning Indicator cover?? Can't find these no where...

Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The lights are manufactured by a Taiwanese company named Depo. The sell OEM lamps in the USA, too. These are aftermarket lamps. As far as converting them to Xenon, I've seen quite a few kits to add xenon lamps on the Chinese websites and I would assume it's not that difficult. Be aware that you'll need to make a trip to your dealer for some ECM re-programming.

The same holds true for the clear indicator covers and aero wipers. They were on the Chinse Yahoo website.

SWF (Germany) makes an aftermarket aero wiper but you need to be able to understand German as the website is not in English.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys,

Is it possible to buy the non-xenon headlamps and just add in an aftermarket xenon kit? I would have thought this would be much cheaper and a lot easier on a car that doe not have xenon to begin with??

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
03 C230
11 Posts
By any chance do you know how to remove the turn signal on the back of the driver side mirror to replace it with a clear lens?

·
Registered
2001 S430
62 Posts
Just the Opposite...

Diablo96 said:
Guys,

Is it possible to buy the non-xenon headlamps and just add in an aftermarket xenon kit? I would have thought this would be much cheaper and a lot easier on a car that doe not have xenon to begin with??

Thanks in advance.

My question is the opposite of Diablo's, I HAVE Xenons on my 2001 430, will these integrate successfully into the headlamp upgrades?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts