Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 E500
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I found this information on this site in the past, but for the life of me I can't find it today. What is Service D....I think it is basicly Oil change and Transmission Service...Can Someone conferm this for me?

·
Registered
2004 E500
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A thought for the moderators....As I searched the historical data for this information I found a lot of posts asking for similar information...What is Service A B C D E ect or how do I reset the FSS...In many of these posts I see at least one post that tells the person to search the forum...Well with the seach engine available on the forum you get 15-20 pages of posts and none of them have the information but all of them will have the at least one reply that say's "Search The forum".....As frequently as this comes up it would be nice to have this information as a "sticky" or at a central location under "Service"

·
Registered
2006 E350 Sport
67 Posts
Don't know the details for your E500. But the number of items covered goes up with the alphabet (i.e. A, B, C,...etc.) so your "D" is up there (i.e. look forward to it costing you about $500 at the dealer) :eek:

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI
50 Posts
Basically:

Oil and Filter Change
Cabin Filter Change
Brake Fluid Change

The last one is why the service tends to be expensive this round. Do have the techs check the life on your brake pads. If your pads have a little life left you might want to push on the Brake Fluid change since the car's SBC system has to be disabled for both services.

For example I just had Service D alert come up. We did not perform the Brake Fluid change because the rear pads are 20% remaining. Next time I'll do both and disable the system once.

·
Registered
2006 Merc E320 cdi
980 Posts
A thought for the moderators....As I searched the historical data for this information I found a lot of posts asking for similar information...What is Service A B C D E ect or how do I reset the FSS...In many of these posts I see at least one post that tells the person to search the forum...Well with the seach engine available on the forum you get 15-20 pages of posts and none of them have the information but all of them will have the at least one reply that say's "Search The forum".....As frequently as this comes up it would be nice to have this information as a "sticky" or at a central location under "Service"

That's true but in the absence of a sticky, I do a bunch of suggesting to check out the search.. The search feature of this forum has saved me a BUNCH of time. If you use the advanced search you can fine-tune the results. This is highly recommended in the absence of a sticky that puts all information up front for everyone to see..

This is how I find information on the Internet. I don't expect to see all of my questions answered within one thread, but merely using the search feature, lurking, and only asking questions AFTER you have exhausted those means is a good basis for participation in this and many other forums..

Chances are, if you're a member of this forum, you found it (the forum) while doing a search in a major search engine. I don't quite follow the logic one uses to use a major search engine to find this forum, register yourself today, and ask the same question that was answered thoroughly just last week in the SAME forum.. If you're looking for information you should LOOK first by searching instead of asking first..

This is just my $0.02, and many thanks to ALL of the contributing members of this forum for your help in making my ownership experience a pleasurable one..

Like I've said in the past, there's a TON of information contained within this forum and much of it is VERY valuable, but it's only as good as your search skills are..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts