Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 E320 4-Matic-2004 CLK500- 2008 E350 4-Matic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '04 CLK500 has the nav system but no telephone and satellite radio.
What parts would I need to add for these functions to operate? The satellite radio is not worth paying $150/yr since I only drive this car a few times a year. In looking in a few sources it appears that '03 & '04 parts are unique to the W209 MY and difficult to find.
Does anyone know if I could somewhat easily swap out '05-'09 complete MB systems/ w single DVD that may be more up to date.
Also does any other models system fit my car? I have a '08 E350 that looks like it it might fit.

·
Registered
99 E430, 01 E430 Sport, 00 SL500
3,266 Posts
For some '03-'04 ModelYear MB cars, there's an Auxiliary jack in the glovebox. If you're lucky, your car has it and it should be on a wall inside the glove box.
With the Aux and the stock headunit, you can add/play many latest gadgets, namely, iPod, iPad, iPhone, Android phone, mp3 player, DVD player, bluetooth headset, HD radio adapter, surround sound, portable satellite radio, ...

·
Registered
2004 E320 4Matic Sedan, 2006 CLK350 Cabriolet
32 Posts
I did all this research when I upgraded from an '04 CLK320 to an '06 CLK350. IIRC, the '04 still used the D2B fiber network, while the '06 uses the MOST network. The two systems are not compatible, so swapping newer parts into your car would necessitate updating the network, and I'm not even sure that can be done.
Anyway, to add telephone, if your car is pre-wired, you'd need to add the telephone modules and a cradle, then a BT cradle adapter to get Bluetooth functionality. It shouldn't cost more than about $2,000, if the parts are still available.
You'd probably be better off going with an aftermarket solution, such as a MoBridge or Dension unit.

See here for much more detailed information...
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audio-telematics-forum/1313173-how-guide-cell-phone-upgrades-plug.html

KevinD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts