Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that whenever I take my car to get washed it comes out of the wash with the windows all fogged up. Also, it seems to occasionally shift into directing the air from normal to the floor and back again. And finally, when I first start the car it directs the air to the floor and doesn't go to the upper vents until I put the car in gear and drive for a second or two.

This is my first Benz and maybe I am a bit niave about the workings of the auto dual zone A/C system. Is this normal or should I consult the dealer?

Thanks for your input. I just don't want to look silly in gront of the service rep. I'd rather do it anonymously in front of you guys. : )

·
Registered
My Benz: 04 S430
1,219 Posts
I think you have a legit problem with your climate control, so you won't look silly in front of the dealer. That's what that warranty is for. He might look a little silly when it takes them a while to fix you car, so be prepared for that. Get the free rental and head to Collins. You might see me cruising around.......
Sounds like your engine vacuum control is bad, or the vacuum line itself is loose or cracked. THis should be a peice of cake for the Dealer to fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts