Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my first mercedes. A 2004 C230K. Does anyone have any ideas/information I could use to promote some performance/visual upgrades for this vehicle. Also any company recommendations would be awesome. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a same car and year as you. I got a silver one. Tinted window really makes a big difference, at least for me, I got 15% tinted, so that turn out to look outragius.you might want to search for headlight if u have a stock.
performance wise depending on what type of kom u got.
just a quick feedback, im also looking for an exhust myself too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
headlights

I agree with replacement of the headlights. Have you found any distributor that has excellent aftermarket headlights. I would rather not replace them with stock headlights. Also I have heard that getting a smaller pulley for the supercharger would enhance the boost. Do you have any information on that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Which type of headlight are you looking to get. HID? Because I have found some on some mercedes website. I am sure you can also ask your local dealership for more information.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Headlights

I would prefer HID (bi-xenon) headlights. Either that or just a new clear headlight that I could put the High Intensity bulbs in.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bulb replacements

This might be a dumb question..but I just replaced my low beam headlight bulbs with some H7 super whites. The other light to the inside of your low beam that also comes on....that's the parking light for a Mercedes? If so does anyone recommend what to replace it with so it looks more uniform to the super whites I have installed? Also, I found some euro side markers that I like, but I was wondering if anyone recommends a certain place that has them cheaper. Thanks.

·
W203, W210 Moderator
6,905 Posts
You are talking about the 'city light' small peanut bulb inside the low beam. Those are cheap you can buy those at any aftermarket euro shop.

Welcome to the BW Forum! Please complete your BW PROFILE - Vehicle Yr & Model and current Location.

Congrats to your new ride,
JOE55

·
Registered
67 Posts
www.kleeman.com

amg tuning

Brabus.....

....or go the route I chose if you have the available recources....

Piece together certain matching parts from other AMG versions of bigger cars, have a pulley or two made by your buddy who happens to work in a cnc shop, injectors, new fuel pump/management system,...few guages hidden in the console and glove box and there you have it.

Best part is, looks like all the other 30 million silver C230s on the road already, now I just have to find a way to make the tranny more reliable, no one even AMG or Kleeman offer much on the tranny side of the house.

oh

Mercedes Parts and Accessories – Mercedes Wheels, Car Covers, Floor Mats, Steering Wheels and More from Performance Products

Yes their product line is limited, but it's because they limit their stock to items that fit right and look like factory offered items/ or are factory offered items.

found this today www.k1motorsports.com

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually did start looking into the Brabus and AMG resources. Like you said though, there doesn't seem to be too much on the tranny side. As far as appearance I am going to try and piece together some Brabus accessories (i.e. flat hood emblem, new grille, door and rear emblems, etc.) Thanks for those links by the way. JOE55 I am glad you clarified that "city light" for me. Is there a better bulb I can get for it though, that would better match the super whites I have in the low beam?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts