Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what will be new for the 2003 Sports coupe? I am considering getting one, but I cant decide whether or not to wait for the 2003

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The big rumore is the 2.3 liter engine will be replaced by a 1.8 liter all aluminum engine. It is supposed to have 2 or 3 fewer horsepower, and 15 to 17 lb-ft less torque. It will have better fuel economy and will be smoother becuse it has balance shafts.<br> <br> There are rumors about an AMG option. My opinion is that the european AMG Evolution package will be offered. I don't think there will be a C32 coupe. Just my opinion.<br> <br> HID headlights are supposed to be available, possibly after Oct. 1st. There should be more audio choices including a headunit cabable of receiving Sirius satellite radio. There are also rumors of a single CD headunit and DVD-rom based COMAMD. Exterior colors are probably going to change, and possibly there will be more interior selections.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah from all that, I think the option most worth waiting for is the DVD based command. Do you know any information on that as far as options and stuff go?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't heard anything else.<br> <br> A couple of interesting sites to check are: <br> <br> http://www.mbspy.com/<br> <br> http://www.autospies.com/

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Guys,<br>
<br>
I got an issue of the UK Autocar MAgazine and there is a AMG version of the coupe. I have a picture of it as well. The Article says <br>
<br>
' Supercharged v6 sports coupe with 349bhp (British HP) and a brief to break the M3's grip on the supersports market.... Kerb Weight is 100kg less than C-class Saloon's... Priced at 35,000 pounds... Mindboggling performance of 0-60 in 4.5sec... 160mph top speed... Also due is a 30,000 pound c30AMG Diesel... Body is lowered to create a new stance, has plump twin oval exhausts. Both models will be launched in August... ' <br>
<br>
I hope this helps. I don't have a scanner with me. The pictures look like the car has a AMG body kit, rear parktronic system, AMG wheels, CL type grill with the large MB star.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AMG insists that the one? C32 coupe built was a special order. These types of special orders are not available for North American buyers.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More about C32 coupe.

There will be a C32 coupe. It will be an AMG Special like the S63, CL63, and G55. AMG Specials are not sold in North America. In North America we get only the AMG-Series cars which are the C32, SLK23, E55, ML55, CLK55, CL55, and SL55.<br> <br> http://www.mercedes-benz.com/amg/e/cars/kleinserie_c32.htm

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: More about C32 coupe.

Does that mean that the C32 AMG Estate (Wagon) is going to become available??? It was listed as an AMG series not an AMG special. I have also heard rumors that the c32 AMG coupe was coming to the US. I am stopping by my dealer tomorow, maybe he can fill me in. I also saw the C-class cabrio ... that would top my wish list!<br>
<br>
Coop

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: More about C32 coupe.

MBUSA has never sold an AMG Estate model in the United States. I doubt that the C32 Estate will be sold here, but there could be afirst time.<br> <br> The cabrio show car was built by Karmann. MB will not produce the car. They would have to price it much, much higher than their target prices for the coupe. Some rumors have the price need to break even as approaching the price of a CLK.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts