Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my custom audio/video shop today to get an estimate.<br> <br> He was thinking about 2 amplifiers in the back, all new speakers in teh cabin, 1 10' sub hidden under the passenger. Then an lcd screen i the glove box, with the dvd player/changer in the truck.<br> <br> My question is, The headunit will still control all the audio stuff, but Doesn't MB use the same wire to control other things, such as brakes, lights, audio....etc...<br> <br> Would this install be dangerous to the car?<br> <br> On a side notes, where can i buy brabus stuff in the US? I want brabus floor mats, the quad exhaust, as well as a set of monoblock VI multi.<br> <br> My MB dealer certainly doesnt sell them. I found a random car shop (looked like one for import racers) that can order it for me. But if they installed that kind of stuff, would it void any kind of warrenty.<br> <br> thanks in advance for the help, as for I just found this website today.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Edit to post above!

as well, the place i went to quoted me about 2800 for the rims I want, monoblock VI multi's with tires of my choice, he assured me good deal, True?<br> <br> also somewhere in the 2000 range for the exhaust

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What in the world do you want with an LCD screen in the glove box? It will be a mess and won't integrate properly with the car's electronics.<br> <br> I'd save your money and trade in your SL500 for an SL55 instead. All this stuff you're talking about will make the car difficult to sell in the future and will cost you money. If that's of no concern, neither then will be the $30k or so upgrade to the SL55.<br> <br> Remember the SL55 is much more than just a stronger engine - body styling, suspension settings, standard items which are options on the SL500, wheel operated gear change. It's an absolute bargain.

·
Registered
2003 sl500
1 Posts
Has anyone installed an aftermarket stereo in a 03 sl500

Does anyone know about any upgrade options?
Please advise...
Thanks
I went to my custom audio/video shop today to get an estimate.<br> <br> He was thinking about 2 amplifiers in the back, all new speakers in teh cabin, 1 10' sub hidden under the passenger. Then an lcd screen i the glove box, with the dvd player/changer in the truck.<br> <br> My question is, The headunit will still control all the audio stuff, but Doesn't MB use the same wire to control other things, such as brakes, lights, audio....etc...<br> <br> Would this install be dangerous to the car?<br> <br> On a side notes, where can i buy brabus stuff in the US? I want brabus floor mats, the quad exhaust, as well as a set of monoblock VI multi.<br> <br> My MB dealer certainly doesnt sell them. I found a random car shop (looked like one for import racers) that can order it for me. But if they installed that kind of stuff, would it void any kind of warrenty.<br> <br> thanks in advance for the help, as for I just found this website today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts