Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<br> I am looking at buy the 2003 Coupe. I have a few questions.<br> <br> The new engines being offered, In comparison to the 2002 are what are the sizes? I know this years is around 200HP.<br> <br> Will the new headlights be an option or standard? Anything else going to be different on the new 2003? <br> <br> Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey Bill --<br> <br> I am no expert at this car, but I did talk to my dealer about what is goingot change for '03...<br> <br> He said the engine was going to be a 1.8, but didn't know what it was going to do to the HP... I can imagine it will be similar to the Audi or VW 1.8T in HP and Torgue.. I think it is about 170, so if MB throughs a supercharger over a turbo, it could boost is up some more... Who knows though...<br> <br> The only other thing he mentioned was the availabilty of factory installed CD Changer for $400. He had a sheet that listed all the new things for 2003, and that was all that was on it for the C coupe... Could have some more secrets not yet realesed though...<br> <br> Later

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The new 1.8 liter engine comes in four forms. The C230k gets the most powerful at 192 hp (DIN) which is 189 hp (SAE which is used in the US. The current engine is rated at 192 hp (SAE). There will be a significant reduction in torque of 20 NM or 14.5 ft-lbs. Current engine has 200 ft-lbs from 2500 to 4800 rpm, while the new engine will have about 185 ft-lbs from 3500 to 4000 rpm (I am certain of this rev range). I have read tht the Six speent will be slightly slower 0-60, while the auto will be significantly quicker! I am sceptical about those claims.<br> <br> Beginning in December, there will be a C320 Sportcoupe in Europe. I have no information if it will be available here, but I would bet that it is. The six speed will be availabe in all 320's; coupe, sedan and wagon. Four-matic will be available in all sedans and wagons; auto trans only.<br> <br> The bi-xenon HID's don't seem to be available immediately for the coupe, but some sources say they will be during December. The H7 halogens will also have clear lenses, instead of the fluted lenses<br> <br> There will be a factory installed cd-changer for $400. The door handles (pulls) will be changed. There is a new darker silver color, called Pewter (Cubanitsilber). There will be two wood trims for the coupe; Charcoal Cinnimora and Brown Poplar. The auto-dimming mirrors are no longer standard equipment. The 'Rest' function has been removed from the C230K and C240 air conditioning systems. Pleliminary US info does not show the C7 wheel pachage, but they equivalent 'Evolution' package is shown of the German web page.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts