Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my rear passenger door stopped opening from the outside. While I had my door open, I thought by moving the latch up it might make the door open again from the outside. But instead it clicked the latch in lock position and now I can't close the door. Please help.

·
Registered
1998 ML320 (W163)
246 Posts
Recently my rear passenger door stopped opening from the outside. While I had my door open, I thought by moving the latch up it might make the door open again from the outside. But instead it clicked the latch in lock position and now I can't close the door. Please help.
If you can open the door from the inside, you can just pull on the handle and the latch won't be in the lock position anymore.

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
8,018 Posts
With door open put some tension on latch lever with round screwdriver then pull on the handle. Lube all the latches.

·
W163 and General Mercedes Host
3,360 Posts
IT WORKED! Thank you so much, it's just starting to rain. What shall I use to lube it?
Now that you've got that solved - compliments of Witek...
===>>> Update your user CP info....

click on your icon----> click on Account Settings---->
goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
ADD your make model YEAR ----> click save

use some white lithium grease

1 - 6 of 6 Posts