Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2003 ML 320. About a year and a half ago, my sound went out on the car. the radio displays the station etc and looks on, but just no sound... I thought it was the amp fuse, so i was searching all over the place for the damn amp. lol. which I still have no clue where this is at. lol

anyway, one day the sound came back on.. Its random. One day its working then cuts out mid trip. I brought it to the dealership and of course it works when i bring it there... They said they could not duplicate the problem. the radio goes out again a few days later. lol. most of the time its out.

Now Im thinking its not the radio though because today It was out, and just out of curiousity I had hit the CD button.. it says there is no CD connected...
so it obviosuly has nothing to do with the amp.. a friend of a friend (lol) says it could be the fibor optics wires (or even a bad phone setup [ i dont have a phone in there but he says its still wired for one, so if it goes bad, it could affect the path of the fibor optics]).

does anyone else have any suggestions.
thanks for any advice
:)
Danny

·
Registered
2002 ML320
323 Posts
I had no sound once, no CD player found. I bypassed the cd with a db2 coupler, for the fiber.

My radio worked for 9 months fine. Just no CD, big deal.

Now, I can turn it on. It will play for 2 seconds, 30 seconds, sometimes a minutes. Then no sound. I can hear the fiber at the amp clicking when I lose the sound.

I'm going to try bypassing the motorola thing under passenger seat next. Would love to get my head unit out, to check the fuse back there but the keys don't work. It's stuck. Bummer.

Biggest bummer ever is no tunes. Have fun in your efforts. Its common.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that sux. I wonder why the dealership never knows what Im talking about if its so common. I have 3 dealerships I've spoken to about it. lol

well looks like the fiber optics is an issue regardless? does the bose amp and speakers ONLY use fiber optics? I ask because I could just buy my own radio and use good old fashioned speaker wire. lol. if the amp is fiber only, do u know if the speakers can at least use speaker wire?

If so, I guess I'll need to search for the bose specs for amp and speakers

·
Registered
2003 ML 500, 1985 735i Euro
85 Posts
Mine had no sound and would not communicate with the cd changer. It ended up being the MCS unit. You can send it off to have it fixed for $190 plus shipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts