Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a problem with my 2003 e500. when it rains or when i wash my car water is in my trunk. now my instrument dash is not working, the headlights stay on, the ac comes on when i start the car, the rpm gauge and miles per hr is not working either and last something is draining my battery down when not running. Please Help ME !!!!

·
Registered
'05 E320 CDI Black/Black
623 Posts
i have a problem with my 2003 e500. when it rains or when i wash my car water is in my trunk. now my instrument dash is not working, the headlights stay on, the ac comes on when i start the car, the rpm gauge and miles per hr is not working either and last something is draining my battery down when not running. Please Help ME !!!!
Main battery is in the trunk , trunk is leaking....most of electronic componenets and modules of benz are in the trunk , trunk is leaking.
I'd would start from trying to locate point of H20 entrance of the boot(trunk) ..as silly as it might sound- lock someone relatively small in size inside with good light source since trunk is rather large ..and start watering down from garden hose , it could be very efficient nevertheless and by far less expensive way to locate leak. Once you be able to stop water from entering boot , recharge battery and reset everything.
Good Luck .

·
Registered
'05 E320 CDI Black/Black
623 Posts
Ohhh , one more thing.
if you get distracted by phone call or something else - PLEASE don't forget to let your helper out of trunk. )

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,142 Posts
Here is a thread that you may find very helpful. Sadly this has happened to other W211 owners.
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w211-e-class/1227979-water-leak-trunk.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts