Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 ML320
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to remove the front and rear door panel? I am planning on changing out the speakers.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hmm..for the front there will be a screw behind the SRS emblem, one behind the trim behind the door handle. That trim just pops right off. Also under the armrest you will see a round tab that pops out and theres a screw behind there. Lastly there is a screw in the cover around the door latch. You will also need to unscrew the door lock knob.

·
Registered
2001 ML320
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Battlecat,

Thanks for the information but it is for the ML. I have upgraded my speakers in my ML and now looking to upgrade my wife's E320.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Jares1 said:
Battlecat,

Thanks for the information but it is for the ML. I have upgraded my speakers in my ML and now looking to upgrade my wife's E320.
Wait what? do you need help with the ML or E320?

·
Registered
2001 ML320
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Battlecat,

I am looking to change out the spreakers in an E320.

Raymond, do you happen to have the video for a W211? It is slightly different than the W210. The W211 doesn't have SRS emblem on the door nor does it have the round plug under the arm rest.

After some investigative work, I did see that a plastic flap is under the arm rest. I pulled it out and found a screw there. I would assume that there is still a screw behind the door handle plate. I also found a screw near the door latch on the side of the door. Hopefully that screw replaced the one behind the SRS cap on the older models.

Thanks all!

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,288 Posts
j-
no, i only have the W210 from their info CD that i found on edsoto.com just before
he withdrew them. if i'm not mistaken, W211 may be available from MBUSA for
about $100

1 - 8 of 8 Posts