Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Stupid me!
Have a problem with airbag errors so I decided to look at the wiring under the drivers seat (rhd). I see a cable with the big yellow connector and it looks like it’s caught under something and the cables are under strain. The passenger side is very free and can be pulled out easily. So I try to loosen it but can’t. Access is very limited even with seat at its fully back and furthest height. So I undo the two nuts and bolts that hold the front of the seat thinking I can just pivot the front up to getting better access. That didn’t help much so I decide to move the seat forward to have a look at the back. I think the seat went too far forward as it was not bolted at the front. Now it doesn’t move at all.
It’s really close to the steering wheel. In have checked the power plug etc and it has 12 v.
Has anybody got experience with removing the seat? Any advice is good.
I suspect I overrode a switch or something that’s tells the seat it’s at its most forward position
I have disconnected all airbags etc so it’s safe
Thank you

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350 Convertible
624 Posts
Hi
Stupid me!
Have a problem with airbag errors so I decided to look at the wiring under the drivers seat (rhd). I see a cable with the big yellow connector and it looks like it’s caught under something and the cables are under strain. The passenger side is very free and can be pulled out easily. So I try to loosen it but can’t. Access is very limited even with seat at its fully back and furthest height. So I undo the two nuts and bolts that hold the front of the seat thinking I can just pivot the front up to getting better access. That didn’t help much so I decide to move the seat forward to have a look at the back. I think the seat went too far forward as it was not bolted at the front. Now it doesn’t move at all.
It’s really close to the steering wheel. In have checked the power plug etc and it has 12 v.
Has anybody got experience with removing the seat? Any advice is good.
I suspect I overrode a switch or something that’s tells the seat it’s at its most forward position
I have disconnected all airbags etc so it’s safe
Thank you
Do not have any power on when disconnecting any wiring from the seats. It may even be a good idea to disconnect the battery. If you do not do this you will have to reset the SRS system with SDS or another similar diagnostic tool.

·
Registered
MY05 CLK55 AMG ,CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
1,639 Posts
Seat removal procedure is as follows ,,
Move steering wheel forward.
Move seat forward and remove the two seat retaining bolts from the rear tracks.
Move seat to the rear and remove the front bolts ,,then tilt the seat upward and disconnect the electrical connectors...lift seat up and out.
No need to disconnect power as far as I know..but you do need to disable airbag systems,
and if you have pre tensioners on the seat belt buckles ,they must not be disconnected or removed.

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350 Convertible
624 Posts
Seat removal procedure is as follows ,,
Move steering wheel forward.
Move seat forward and remove the two seat retaining bolts from the rear tracks.
Move seat to the rear and remove the front bolts ,,then tilt the seat upward and disconnect the electrical connectors...lift seat up and out.
No need to disconnect power as far as I know..but you do need to disable airbag systems,
and if you have pre tensioners on the seat belt buckles ,they must not be disconnected or removed.
If you disconnect any of the SRS lines with any power to them or turned on while the seat is out the SRS will have to be reset!

·
Registered
MY05 CLK55 AMG ,CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
1,639 Posts
Thanks Gorj ,,good point..
rtipping says they have disconnected all airbags already..
I think now he needs to remove the rear bolts ,,and lift out the seat ,,,
Is the seat belt buckle attached to the seat or the floor ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do not have any power on when disconnecting any wiring from the seats. It may even be a good idea to disconnect the battery. If you do not do this you will have to reset the SRS system with SDS or another similar diagnostic tool.
I am aware of that. I have a tool suitable read and reset the SRS system. My problem is nothing is moving.. not even the steering wheel!

·
Registered
'79 450SL, '04 CLK200 convertible; former A124, W210, A209.
1,264 Posts
rtipping, maybe you could post a clip on YouTube and share the link so that it's easier to see where you got stuck?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I eventually got the seat back by applying external power to thr seat fore and aft motor. Reassembled and everything working again apart from the original airbag error.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts