Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have full-power memory seats with controls on the door panels and have performed the splice for the battery drain issue. Today, my wife bleach wiped the interior of the car, including the seat controls on the door (I wasn't there) and now the driver side power seat does not work (passenger side works fine). When I press the memory, I can see the mirrors adjusting, but not the seats (no sounds either). Nothing happens when I adjust any of the seat controls. I've checked that the driver seat is receiving 12volts at the plug of the power seat control module (SCM). Any thoughts on how to test if the issue is the SCM or could it be the door memory seat controller? I think its the SCM, but want a way to verify before making the purchase.

Thanks
Practical Dad

·
Registered
2002 c32
11 Posts
if it worked before the wife cleaned it, and not after...then you might have found your problem. I would guess too much cleaner got in the switch. Can you bypass the switch itself and give 12v straight to the module under the seat to see if anything moves?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have also thought that as well. I've verified that 12V is getting to the seat control module (up to the plug). Not sure if there is a way to determine if anything from the door switch is being sent. Based on what I've read, the door seat switch sends a signal, may need an oscilloscope, to determine if it is still working. Is my understanding accurate and suggestion on where/how to check?

Also, has anyone had any luck with non-EOM Seat Control Modules (SCM)? Here is one on Amazon that seems reasonably priced:

Front Left Driver Side Power Seat Control Module For Mercedes W211 W203 W209 C230 CLK320 E320 2118704626

Thanks,
Byung

·
Registered
2002 c32
11 Posts
for that price, might be worth trying. you could always re sell it if you didn't need it after all. I have a lot of hobbies and am part of many forums. Unfortunately, the Mercedes forums aren't very active with people helping each other like other forums I know of. Good luck and report back!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The part I purchased actually worked. The scm wasn’t perfect as the two circular rear guides were broken. No big deal, just used some thick tape to help hold it in place as the unit is light. I wish I would have known that the bolts holding the seat adjuster to the rails doesn’t actually turn. Take the nut off instead. My problem was that the even with the nut off, the bolt was difficult to remove due to the tension between the seat adjuster and the rails. I thought that the bolts still needed to be removed with the torx wrench and ended stripping them and breaking several tool bits. Just push and pull on the seat and wiggle the bolt out. The worst part was the tight space since the seat was stuck in the lowest position. If you have questions, let me know.
Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: The head-rest doesn't work. Didn't test everything when first installed. I can hear clicking in the module, but no movement. It's a minor issue for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts