Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Mercedes C240
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2003 C240. One of the clips on my sunroof cover broke off. The front clip on the passengers side. I removed the sunroof cover. Is there a way to just purchase that clip? I called dealership and they said they only sell the entire unit for over $500. The clip fell somewhere to the back of the car. I can hear it move sometimes when I drive. I was thinking of finding a way to fish it out and glue it back on or something.

Also, the upholstery came off, which I suspect is what caused the clip to break, since it was getting jammed. I read in other forums that 3M spray adhesive can be used to glue this back. I saw a post that gave detailed instructions on this but can't find it now. Does someone have the link to this? Thank you.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,441 Posts
Are you talking about the sunshade? If so, it's easy to remove for the upholstery repair, plus getting it out of the way, you may be able to find the broken clips in the headliner. To remove it, open the shade all the way, then open (slide back) the glass about 3/4 of the way. As you pull the sunshade forward, you will see a plastic lip on the leading edge of the glass keeping the shade from going past it. That can be removed by pushing it forward with a plastic wedge. Now the shade will slide forward past the glass, and with the glass fully open, you can see the clips holding the shade into it s track from the top of the rood. Remove the clips and slide the shade up and out.

·
Registered
2003 Mercedes C240
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sunshade is already off. My dad removed it. I have no idea how. He somehow twisted it. Anyway, the clip has broken off and has fallen to the back. I can hear it clicking if I brake hard or make a sharp turn, but I can't see it. I've searched the internet but they don't appear to sell the clips separate from the shade.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,441 Posts
I believe it is available. Look at the diagram below. If it's the two parts highlighted as #140, then it's called a sliding shoe. Part number is A2117800157 and is available at parts.com for about $4.

·
Registered
2003 Mercedes C240
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That appears to be the right part. Thanks so much! I'll report back once I've ordered and received it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts