Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my 2003 C230K sedan i didnt buy the xenons headlights but i bought 2 pairs of H7 Piaa Super Plasma bulbs. I installed both of the pairs but why does the high beams still appear yellow instead of the white/blue color? I wanted to match the colors for both high and low beams.
Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks in advance
mig888

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
So you installed both pairs?...

For my 2003 C230K sedan i didnt buy the xenons headlights but i bought 2 pairs of H7 Piaa Super Plasma bulbs. I installed both of the pairs but why does the high beams still appear yellow instead of the white/blue color? I wanted to match the colors for both high and low beams.
Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks in advance
mig888
Both high and low beams that is? The high beam reflector focuses the beam pattern differently, of course, and that may affect your perception.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2003 C230 K sedan headlights?

Yes i bought 2 pairs of H7 Piaa's and i installed both of them but the Low Beams seem white/blue and the High beams are still yellow.

How do i match the High and Low beams so both of them appear white/blue?

Also, Is it possible to have only the low beams to turn on only instead of both high and low beams?

Thanks
mig888

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
I'm not sure that I understand the question...

Also, Is it possible to have only the low beams to turn on only instead of both high and low beams?
The high beams only turn on when you push back the turn signal lever or pull it (for flash to pass). Are you referring to the city lamp bulbs which illuminate in the high beam reflectors? Those are separate bulbs, not the H7 bulbs. I've matched mine by changing them to LEDs:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts