Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Searched for this - maybe I missed the right terms so I'll apologize in advance.

I've got a 2003 c230 with around 105k miles on it. Standard.
Side note - In March of 2007 the MAF and oxygen sensors were replaced by a local mechanic, not dealership.

Anyway, the car has become sluggish and not very responsive. Basically, when I attempt to accelerate, the engine will rev up to high rpms but the acceleration is very sluggish and lags far behind. Will eventually accelerate up to speed, but just isn't responsive any longer. Aside from this, seems to idle normal and such.

The check engine light has come on and off and now on again. I'll be taking it in soon but I was wondering if anyone can give me a heads up on what might be the problem or a link to a related thread I missed.

Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
over on mbworld one guy was talking about a vacuum line that when his car warms becomes very loose. it was causing his car to be very sluggish

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
;)
Searched for this - maybe I missed the right terms so I'll apologize in advance.

I've got a 2003 c230 with around 105k miles on it. Standard.
Side note - In March of 2007 the MAF and oxygen sensors were replaced by a local mechanic, not dealership.

Anyway, the car has become sluggish and not very responsive. Basically, when I attempt to accelerate, the engine will rev up to high rpms but the acceleration is very sluggish and lags far behind. Will eventually accelerate up to speed, but just isn't responsive any longer. Aside from this, seems to idle normal and such.

The check engine light has come on and off and now on again. I'll be taking it in soon but I was wondering if anyone can give me a heads up on what might be the problem or a link to a related thread I missed.

Thanks.

I just did a email troubleshoot for an AMG Owner and I told him to check
his Air Filter.
It was NASTY!

He cleaned the housing, got a new air filter.

He is now a happy camper!

Check your Air Filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts