Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited my dealer yesterday, and test drove a 6 speed with the C2. I fell in love with it. It doesn't have the option packages that I want - but it does have the 6 speed. They were willing to let it go for $25,000, which is only a few hundread over invoice. Thought that was an interesting price too. Now I have to decide bewteen in and an A4 - which I also thoughly enjoyed test driving.<br>
<br>
He also informed me what was going to be new on the C coupe for the next model year. He confirmed the engine will be a 1.8. The interior will be the same. The factory will install a CD changer for $400 - which is a much better deal then the dealer for $900. He also mentioned that the 2002 have ceased production, and if you order now, you will get a 2003 by mid to late July. I didn't belive the salesmen, but his boss also confirmed this...<br>
<br>
I need to decide between the A4 and the C coupe. The Quattro on the A4 makes me lean towards it, but the star on the hood of the C makes me lean toward it. The A4 also has a standard 6 disc changer. The C that my dealer has on the lot does not have the options, such as C5 and C7, but it almost seems like to good of deal to pass up. <br>
<br>
Let me know what you all think.<br>
<br>
Later<br>
Brian

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 2003 C coupe - Whats new.... & A4 vs. C coupe

well how much is the A4 going for?<br> <br> I had to make the same choice, went for the Coupe, I payed 29k

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

They had a 5 speed A4 Quattro with Heated front and rear, BOSE, Sunroof, XENON's... Sticker is $29,970. He have me a shop around price of $29,200. I am sure I could get him lower - but that is what I left him with.<br> <br> The C coupe - 6 speed with only the C2 (Sunroof and Rain Sensor) Sticker is $26,610 - and like I said earlier would let it go for $25,000. <br> <br> Its a real tough choice. But as I have said in earlier posts, I am from the Midwest, and the RWD of coupe is not the most appealing thing - since this will be my only car...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

why shld u pay over MSRP...i paid my UNDER msrp even though it was so rare 3 mths ago...well..i was deciding btw those 2 cars too...it all depends....do you drive alone? btw..there are several problesm with the coupe..but luckily for me..mine is perfectly fine!....<br> <br> Audi makes good cars too

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Xeon - you must have misunderstood?!?! Either the Audi or the C coupe is above MSRP at the dealers I went to. The C coupe would be sold for $6 over the INVOICE cost.... and the A4 was a good 800$ below MSRP - but could go lower...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you like speed?

then I would go for the Coupe, Its faster than the new A4s, and with a Pulley kit and a chip you will go eating 330s.<br> <br> If you have kids or peopel will be seating in the back, even when the C230k is a coupe with a lot of space, I would ggo for the 4 door A4.<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

brian..where are u from...i am living at the bay area....i got my car..500 under MSRP in Febuary. If u need more info..email me : [email protected]<br> <br> my car : http://photos.yahoo.com/dummyboi2002

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a4 if you can't get the options you want on the coupe

btw, is that the new A4?<br> <br> anyway, i really think that if you want a good manual coupe, you need to get the C7 option (w/ its shorter throw shifter). otherwise, get the A4.<br> <br> as for RWD, get some snow tires.<br> <br> i assume you're not settling or anything w/ the A4 like you are w/ the coupe (ie getting all the options you want).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: a4 if you can't get the options you want on the coupe

Yeah it was the new A4 that I drove. Might be more economical to get last years model... The rear end looked a little better on them. <br> <br> As far as the C7 - I really wanted it - for the pedels and the short throw shifter, but then would forsurely have otget snow tires... Probably would anyway though. <br> <br> I have been gone the past couple days, so I haven't thought much more about the status of the car purchase...<br> <br> I'll let you know anything new..<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I am from MN, but I go to college in Indiana - whos winters are not nearly as harsh as there are up here.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
*alert: lemon lemon lemon get A4

Lemon lemon lemon.I purchase a c coupe in august of 2001. I had a total of 17 problems.The engine was cutting off all the time.I had to get the car towed from the gas station to the dealer after the car refused to start for the 6th time. Just put it this way I do not have enough room to type all of the things that went wrong with the car. I had to get an attorney. We are currently going through the lemon law with mbnz and breech of warranty with the dealer because they did not fix my car in a timely matter.From march 1st to april ninth the car was in the dealer for 24 days. I left ths pos with them stop making payments went to the audi dealership told them the situation walked away with an a4 1.8 t quattro. This car is so much better than the c coupe. Don't let that star on the front of the mercedes draw you in like it did me. The star don't mean shit if you can't get from a to b.

·
Registered
G55 AMG 2012 full Brabus and custom made Brabus style Carbon hood cover, ex E coupe 2010
72 Posts
post pics of both your cars, very interested to know how it didn't start

1 - 12 of 12 Posts